By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim... that design tho.

the original ps4 all day. 176 67.95%

the new slim version, it's delicately cute. 83 32.05%

Total:259

Yeah its definitely the ugliest console I've seen in awhile.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Cloudman said:

Well, they can just make the original cheaper without a slim model. It still looks fine to me. A slim model at this point just seems kinda unnecessary, but to each their own.

Eh, it's only unnecessary if it serves no purpose. They've put out a slimmer machine since the beginning, which has always brought down manufacturing costs and breathed new life into the console. 

Yeah, that is true. Slim and updated models have been around since the beginning. I think the timing for a PS4 slim isn't very good.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Fei-Hung said:
One S looks like a cheese grater.
Vanilla X1 looks like an ancient DVR thing.

PS4S looks like a fancy scale.
Vanilla PS4 looked like a giant eraser.

WIIU looked like a Fisher price toy.

There is no winning when everyone is a critic lol

And every console has terrible design this gen. Zero interesting choices unlike the last gen :T

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mark my words, like every minimalist design before it, this design will grow on people. Especially when journalists get their hands on it and start taking pretty pics. Just look at the unboxing video of it right now. Some are already saying it looks better...... smh.

Intrinsic said:
Mark my words, like every minimalist design before it, this design will grow on people. Especially when journalists get their hands on it and start taking pretty pics. Just look at the unboxing video of it right now. Some are already saying it looks better...... smh.

you know what would be cool? a variety of colors

Around the Network
tinfamous12 said:
Yeah its definitely the ugliest console I've seen in awhile.

Its still better looking than the original Xbox One.

I wouldnt say the Wii U is better looking either.

onionberry said:
Intrinsic said:

I have no doubt in my mind that we will see it in a number of colors. Unfirtuantely maybe only limited editions. I can almost gaurantee we will be getting the first of such with FF15 followed by GT. 

onionberry said:
Intrinsic said:

Like this?

JRPGfan said:
onionberry said:

Like this?

exactly, like the cheap  iphones. I have a ps4 but i would buy the blue one.

onionberry said:
JRPGfan said:

Like this?

exactly, like the cheap  iphones. I have a ps4 but i would buy the blue one.

Yeah I think the teal and organe ones are the prettiest, followed by the white model.

I hope sony does them in various colours.