By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim... that design tho.

the original ps4 all day. 176 67.95%

the new slim version, it's delicately cute. 83 32.05%

Total:259

Don't really like the slim at all, sad to say. Original PS4 just looks so much better.

Around the Network

There's nothing berry in that onion. That stuff is straight up lacrima...
The design of slim is straight up PolyStation type of material. However, to me, as long as electronics serve their purpose, looks are not really important.

Im okay with the design even if its not as great as the fat ps4's.
Id rather have a slim though. Chances are it ll use less power and make less noise.

Fei-Hung said:
One S looks like a cheese grater.
Vanilla X1 looks like an ancient DVR thing.

PS4S looks like a fancy scale.
Vanilla PS4 looked like a giant eraser.

WIIU looked like a Fisher price toy.

There is no winning when everyone is a critic lol

I think handhelds won this generation in terms of design. PS vita is automatically gorgeous, and the special edition 3ds' are great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Goatseye said:
There's nothing berry in that onion. That stuff is straight up lacrima...
The design of slim is straight up PolyStation type of material. However, to me, as long as electronics serve their purpose, looks are not really important.

lmao you win

Around the Network

How will people know when Console is in standby or not? i mean without light you may not notice...

It reminds me of the "Passatempo" brand cookies we have here in Brazil lol:

To me, it looks like 2 Mac Minis stacked and then squished. Probable these two:

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Neither design is really that great. The last designed I liked in a Sony console was the PS2.. I would prefer a more uniform design, but Sony can't seem to resist releasing awkward shaped designs.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Without having either in front of me, I'm gonna say the old model looks better.