By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 7 - Gamescom gameplay trailer.

Wright said:
Ruler said:

i dont see the big deal it plays pretty much clock tower now or haunting ground 

Yes, but let me ask you this: what do you prefer, a Resident Evil game that plays like Haunting Ground...or Haunting Ground 2?

obviously a new Clock Tower game, but capcom has pretty much do it with Resident Evil as it is the bigger name. But then again Resident Evil always has changed from design 

Around the Network

Getting some Amnesia vibes, the problem with this approach is that it doesn't work unles you commit fully. If you commit fully with this; it won't really be Resident Evil any longer, even less so than the action-oriented approach of the past few titles in the main series.
This is likely not going to be a game for me.

I give it one big meeeeeeh. Is it so hard for them to go back to a good mix of horror and action? I'm not saying to back to tank controls and one angle camera view, but this feels too much like amnesia/outlast.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

They should scrap this and go back to Code Veronica with next-gen graphics and that style of gameplay....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Never played a residential evil game but tbh I think it might be good for them to go for a more horror approach.

People seemed to be getting sick of their more moanstream approach. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same people giving out about this. Hopefully for Capcoms sake the game is a success.

Around the Network

I really hope it´s not another one of those hide-and-seek games like Amnesia/Outlast.I want weapons,inventory management, boss fights.They can do all of that in first person view, so I´m hoping they´ll show that later...if it turns out to be more like Outlast, then I´m out.

JGarret said:
I really hope it´s not another one of those hide-and-seek games like Amnesia/Outlast.I want weapons,inventory management, boss fights.They can do all of that in first person view, so I´m hoping they´ll show that later...if it turns out to be more like Outlast, then I´m out.

Going by the demo, there are weapons and there is an inventory, if that makes you feel a little better.

I'm pretty sure I won't be playing this game. It doesn't feel like RE to me.

Looks like this is what the demo was trying to clue us in on. You will play in the present with a gun and herbs with more action gameplay and in the past like a clocktower game with more hiding and puzzle solving.

It doesn't look all that bad to me. It can't be worse than 6! Even 5 was a bit disappointing.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---