By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - August 8th - 14th 2016

Kresnik said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

It's the obon week, this always happen all years.

This boost is pretty bad, as for for PSVita i would say every others system did bad this week (imo).

Obon is 13-15th, so it'll spill over into this week too.

Also people always expect too much from Obon.  Same with Golden Week.

I think people just expect some decent boosts, it use to be a thing in the past. What ya expecting for Besteria by the way Kresnik, I am not that optimistic about it, given the last two weeks of COMG being absolutely horrible compared to Zesteria. Think it will be above 300,000 at least first week? I am hoping for 300,000, but still will be disappointed that it continues the downward trend. 

Around the Network

Good numbers for most Nintendo games, specially Pokemon and Kirby! Ratchet and Clank didn't do too bad either.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Acevil said:
Kresnik said:

Obon is 13-15th, so it'll spill over into this week too.

Also people always expect too much from Obon.  Same with Golden Week.

I think people just expect some decent boosts, it use to be a thing in the past.

Yeah it is better to just expect nothing anymore to feel postive about the numbers. Atleast about the console market.

Consoles (think it includes handhelds) made 2 billion $ in software while Mobilve software passed 9$billion in 2015 in Japan

http://www.serkantoto.com/2016/08/17/japans-mobile-game-market-size/

Thanks to zhuge ex for posting it on twitter.

Ratchet hasn't done such numbers since the PS2 days so that's really good. I think the biggest first week for a Ratchet game on the PS3 was A Crack in Time at 15k.

konnichiwa said:
Acevil said:

I think people just expect some decent boosts, it use to be a thing in the past.

Yeah it is better to just expect nothing anymore to feel postive about the numbers. Atleast about the console market.

Consoles (think it includes handhelds) made 2 billion $ in software while Mobilve software passed 9$billion in 2015 in Japan

http://www.serkantoto.com/2016/08/17/japans-mobile-game-market-size/

Thanks to zhuge ex for posting it on twitter.

Do you know 2008-2012 data of Consoles and Handhelds for software? 

Around the Network
Acevil said:

I think people just expect some decent boosts, it use to be a thing in the past. What ya expecting for Besteria by the way Kresnik, I am not that optimistic about it, given the last two weeks of COMG being absolutely horrible compared to Zesteria. Think it will be above 300,000 at least first week? I am hoping for 300,000, but still will be disappointed that it continues the downward trend. 

We're not in the console boom period anymore, it's very much declining and casuals are seeping out - the kind that would have consoles bought for them during holiday periods.  It's a wonder what Splatoon/Minecraft are doing lately to be honset.

Re. Berseria, I'm expecting bad things.  < 250k or even worse sadly.  Zestiria has soured people and fans are getting tired of the milking through recycled content and DLC.  Real shame.  Tales is on its way to becoming a niche franchise.

Kresnik said:
Acevil said:

We're not in the console boom period anymore, it's very much declining and casuals are seeping out - the kind that would have consoles bought for them during holiday periods.  It's a wonder what Splatoon/Minecraft are doing lately to be honset.

Re. Berseria, I'm expecting bad things.  < 250k or even worse sadly.  Zestiria has soured people and fans are getting tired of the milking through recycled content and DLC.  Real shame.  Tales is on its way to becoming a niche franchise.

Ya, I sadly feel that after Vesperia they started doing things that I felt uneasy (games felt so much smaller in scope, and while not shorter felt shorter in terms of plot, DLC that was not really that great of practice, etc), surprised it was Zextiria that soured people, when I felt it was in all games. 

Also 250k, that would be 100k down from the last entry no? That would hurt. 

Above 20k

http://dengekionline.com/sp/softranking_top50/

Dark souls 3 ps4 past 300k retail. Resounding success because it's digital sales were good.

Ratchet and clank a big improvement over the last entry as boutros said.

Power pro vita showing excellent legs. Will sell over 200k easily.

Ys VII performing excellently. Possibly sell over 100k. Almost definitely will if you include digital. Ps4 version still to come. This franchise is in a good place.

Acevil said:

Ya, I sadly feel that after Vesperia they started doing things that I felt uneasy (games felt so much smaller in scope, and while not shorter felt shorter in terms of plot, DLC that was not really that great of practice, etc), surprised it was Zextiria that soured people, when I felt it was in all games. 

Also 250k, that would be 100k down from the last entry no? That would hurt. 

The decline in quality started with Xillia and has gone from there pretty much, I agree.  With that said, I've bought every game from Grace F onwards and they all get some things right - combat is good in the Xillia games; the scale is impressive in Zestiria etc.

But they all get a lot more wrong than they get right.  The dungeons are terrible in the Xillia games, and the recycling of content is terrible.  In addition, Xillia 1's story is all over the place.  Similarly Zestiria's story is a disaster and the empty fields and terrible camera are a pain in the ass.

Xillia 2 is the closest they've gotten to making a truly great game in the PS3/PS4 era, but it's still got a lot wrong with it.

Berseria doesn't look like it's going to fix any of these issues.