By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - August 8th - 14th 2016

without a big game releasing the ps4 is holding good^^

Around the Network
Roketan said:
Jranation said:
The 3DS is over 30k!!!! And beats the PS4 again!

Minecraft U, M and S at RIO and Kirby legs continues!!!

Yokai Watch 3 finally reaches 1mil!!!! Which I believe the first 1 mil seller game in Japan this year?

And the Pokemon Go effect continues!

Theres hardly any big games for the 3DS coming (I think Pokemon being the next and maybe the very last one). Lets see how that will affect its Hardware sales

Stop bait trolling.... You could just say that 3DS is first and end of story. You were doing something similar in the COMG thread and a mod warned you. You want another here too?

Just report it I would say, I think over time arguing accomplishes so little, with the whole 3DS vs PS4 thing going on these days. Even if the moderators do not care about single post like that, they notice patterns. 

Jranation said:

Yokai Watch 3 finally reaches 1mil!!!! Which I believe the first 1 mil seller game in Japan this year?

Theres hardly any big games for the 3DS coming (I think Pokemon being the next and maybe the very last one). Lets see how that will affect its Hardware sales

3DS has had plenty of games that *should* be huge this year, but a number of them have under-performed.  Youkai Watch; Puzzles & Dragons; Taiko no Tatsujin.  Next up on this list seems to be Monster Hunter Stories.

boypita said:
Jranation said:

You are fogetting Monster Hunter Stories in October and Mario Party star Rush in November :)

Are they really big games? One is a spin off while the other is a party game on a handheld. 

Edit: I just found out from VGC that Island Tour sold around 500k in Japan. I guess half of that will be Star Rush Aim? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kresnik said:
Jranation said:

3DS has had plenty of games that *should* be huge this year, but a number of them have under-performed.  Youkai Watch; Puzzles & Dragons; Taiko no Tatsujin.  Next up on this list seems to be Monster Hunter Stories.

Yeah for MHS, im not sure if the fanbase will dig into that. Obviously we can give ourselves an answer to that judging from COMG. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Thanks to this thread, i learned some weeks ago that 20k was an amazing ammount of consoles to sold per week, and that was quite the shock. But today, oh man, today my life changed in such a radical way!! I learned that when a console sells the huge ammount of 20k is BEASTING!!
Beasting!! just like Beasteria!!!

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Animal Crossing New Leaf still on top 20 ??? After all those years ?

When will Persona 5 launch ?

Culipechi said:

Thanks to this thread, i learned some weeks ago that 20k was an amazing ammount of consoles to sold per week, and that was quite the shock. But today, oh man, today my life changed in such a radical way!! I learned that when a console sells the huge ammount of 20k is BEASTING!!
Beasting!! just like Beasteria!!!

Well that way everyone passes! We lower the bar, so things that look bad look good, but really it is just the sad state of affairs of the market, that 20k is considered excellent now. 

It is like Kresnik said "We're not in the console boom period anymore, it's very much declining and casuals are seeping out."

20k per week is like 6/10 at school, it's sufficient but nothing to praise.

A "beast" should be something like >40k, while 25-35k is a strong trend.