By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV officially delayed to November 29

The World of FF is releasing near Oct 29th people. S-E can't release XV in the same week as it. That's why October has been skipped.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Somebody should really explain to me how preloading a day 1 patch, or at worst, waiting an hour or so on a patch to download (hell let's go extreme and say a day if your internet is straight up garbage), is somehow not preferable to waiting an additional two months on a game. I mean surely you guys are joking right?

Perhaps you're the one who's joking.

You know that data cap is still a thing in certain countries(/areas), right? More importantly, the reviewers get the game early and review it without paying much (if any) attention to the first day patch so that they can release their review as soon as possible.

This ensures that they will play the game as intended and won't give a low score for something that they actually fixed.

RolStoppable said:
darthdevidem01 said:
The World of FF is releasing near Oct 29th people. S-E can't release XV in the same week as it. That's why October has been skipped.

Nah, the game needs more work than only one additional month. After all, Square-Enix has to please the aliens 5,000 years from now.

Hopefully the aliens will be more forgiving than FF fans.

Angelus said:
Somebody should really explain to me how preloading a day 1 patch, or at worst, waiting an hour or so on a patch to download (hell let's go extreme and say a day if your internet is straight up garbage), is somehow not preferable to waiting an additional two months on a game. I mean surely you guys are joking right?

I actually agree with you, just about every game has had them and everyone accepts it for those games (Uncharted 4, acceptable), but some how now we draw the line now, that two months is worth wait for no day 1 patch. 

Hell yea!
Finnaly a developers who get it right.
Day one patch on disc !

i dont want to buy a broken bugged game like 90% of every western " tripple A"

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Wow, just wow. They had a huge event to cement September 30 and yet this happens. They've had 10 years to make 1 game...and they delayed after a cemented release date. I can't complain though. That gives me more time to play other games coming out in September.

Also people saying the game has been in development for 10 years...Imma let you finish but it aint!

Whether you like it or not Versus XIII assets were folded in 2012. Gone..swish..dump *flushes the toilet*

This game, what we currently see as XV, started its development cycle in 2013/late 2012. So it has been in dev for 3.5 years. Not thaaaat long.

I get the frustration, as we have known about the game for 10 years and S-E has generally been incompetent especially in regards to the Luminous Engine (had they made it on Unreal Engine 4 we would probably be playing the final DLC of the game right now).

But anyway saying it has been in a state of continuous development for 10 years (especially in regards to the current state of it with all nex-gen assets + how much story/vision was changed) is factually incorrect. This is a last minute delay of a game that has had an intensive 3.5 year dev cycle...which isn't too bad if you think about it like that.

darthdevidem01 said:

Releasing The World of FF 4 weeks after XV would have been bad also. Who wants the starter after their main course?

naruball said:
Angelus said:

You know that data cap is still a thing in certain countries(/areas), right? More importantly, the reviewers get the game early and review it without paying much (if any) attention to the first day patch so that they can release their review as soon as possible.

This ensures that they will play the game as intended and won't give a low score for something that they actually fixed.

Mhm...I'm one of those people that has a data cap. So? Just because they cut your speed doesn't stop you from anything. It'll just take longer. And as for the reviews....every other dev seems to get by fine with day one patches without instantly being shit on by critics (unless the game is actually shit). If they're that panicked about it they can just extend the embargo on the reviews to make sure the patch gets taken into account. This is standard stuff.

Literally the only people this benefits is people with no internet access at all.

Angelus said:

naruball said:

Mhm...I'm one of those people that has a data cap. So? Just because they cut your speed doesn't stop you from anything. It'll just take longer. And as for the reviews....every other dev seems to get by fine with day one patches without instantly being shit on by critics (unless the game is actually shit). If they're that panicked about it they can just extend the embargo on the reviews to make sure the patch gets taken into account. This is standard stuff.

Literally the only people this benefits is people with no internet access at all.

Which is good. A world where we protect and ensure the people with the most need have their needs met is a better place to live in...in this case people with no internet (whatever the reason may be) who would have to play a broken game.

We have enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.