By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV officially delayed to November 29

They should bring back Toriyama. Released 3 good FF games in the span of 5 years, one of which has the best combat in the series. Nomura's been doing nothing but b-grade handheld KH spin offs and failing to complete any game that actually matters for over a decade. Tabata is going down with the ship, seemingly more of a patcher and PR guy than a game director
A linear FF by Toriyama with FFXV's combat would have been great. Making it a 2 character party with Lightning and Serah would make it even better. The Shaolin Monks of FF.
Respect for people that do what they want, no respect for bootlickers. "Not part of FNC" my ass.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
You guys really think a giant 3rd party game wont have a day one patch because of a 60 days delay in this day and age?

I bet it will. If I lose, I'll record myself breaking my copy of OoT3D or eating a napkin. Something dumb like that.

I think most people expect a day one patch, hopefully just a small one which doesn't really make a difference to the games performance.

Surprisingly, no one has blamed Playstation Neo :P

Slarvax said:
You guys really think a giant 3rd party game wont have a day one patch because of a 60 days delay in this day and age?

I bet it will. If I lose, I'll record myself breaking my copy of OoT3D or eating a napkin. Something dumb like that.

Wanna...uh, bet? I don't want to break any copy of the games I own, but I think we could do something like the loser has to bite a lemon or something like that.

I'm only disappointed due this not just releasing and crushing the evangelical souls the hype machine has pumped full of excitement. I am so glad No Man's Sky is finally out and has already done the same.

Hooray for two more months for this gaseous bubble to grow!

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

Somebody should really explain to me how preloading a day 1 patch, or at worst, waiting an hour or so on a patch to download (hell let's go extreme and say a day if your internet is straight up garbage), is somehow not preferable to waiting an additional two months on a game. I mean surely you guys are joking right?

Angelus said:
Somebody should really explain to me how preloading a day 1 patch, or at worst, waiting an hour or so on a patch to download (hell let's go extreme and say a day if your internet is straight up garbage), is somehow not preferable to waiting an additional two months on a game. I mean surely you guys are joking right?

There doing it for the gamers that don't have an Internet connection, my friend is one of those so it has already benefitted him. Tabata doesn't want gamers without Internet to play an inferior experience to those with an Internet connection.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

arcaneguyver said:
I hate day one patches more than two month delays...but I'll be shocked if they don't still have a tiny day one patch anyways, or a fairly important patch within a month.

Tabata has already said this is going to happen.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

This is extremely good news most ways I see it!!!!

Now I will be able to play the superior version of on Neo at launch (an assumption but likely to happen). Reviewers will get to review that version too.

Now a PS4 bundle not being announced for XV makes total sense. It'll probably be announced next month as a PS4 Neo FFXV bundle. What better game to showcase a new PS4's ability than a mainline FF title (which is in dire need of a more powerful system to run it anyway!)

Also now Tabata & co can be proud of the game that is on the disc. In 5000 years time should aliens/cyborg humans find FFXV & a ps4 lying about all the servers will probably be dead, and therefore no patches available. It would be a shame if they would be playing a copy with game breaking bugs in it. Now Tabata has ensured no such disappointing scenario will happen for them.

My only concern is sales will be hurt as it will release after black friday & cyber monday. Therefore it will lose out on those sale bumps & will also come after many people may have exhausted their holiday money (what with all the AAA releases for that month).

Plenty of games to enjoy in the meanwhile. Dragon Quest VII & World of FF for example.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

archer9234 said:

Let me get this straight. The game was gonna be printed on disc now, in august. And would of come out 1 month later. But because of the day one patch. They want to release it on Nov 29. If the day 1 patch was coming out on Sept 30. Why isn't the game coming out on Oct 29? If the printing window for the original release was a month time. I say there was a serious fatal bug. And will take a month to fix.

Not  necessarily. Delaying it to Oct 29th would have possibly been fine, but ethy possibly thought since they're delaying it they might as well have an extra month just in case the come across any other problems that they need to fix. I think they want to get the game as good as it can get to make sure they restore the good name of FF. So there's little to no room for error.