By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV officially delayed to November 29

After being in development for 10 years, I can now speak the words of prophet Hillary Clinton:

"At this point, what difference does it make."

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
BraLoD said:

First time the release date was delayed... it was announced as a PS3 exclusive game, back at 2006...

TECHNICALLY. That game was called FFvs13. 

FF15 was announced in 2013... or was it 2014?

That game would still be this game, all they did was rename it, that is how they announced it. 

Final Fantasy Versus could be considered similar to Final Fantasy Agito (Original), or NGP, it was just a working title in the end. 

BraLoD said:
Intrinsic said:

Are you really going to be this picky? It's kinda childish, really.
(2013, btw)

The game was announced in 2006. But a release date for it was never announced before the Uncovered event.

BraLoD said:
Intrinsic said:

Are you really going to be this picky? It's kinda childish, really.
(2013, btw)

Lol.... but come on man I'm just being honest.

Ok, so SE has been making this game for 10yrs. That's the story gamers want to believe but that's not true. This game has been in and out of development for those 10yrs and only started development proper in 2012 or so. 

And it's a fact that a release date was never announced for the game. I don't think a release windows was ever even announced for it. It's like we all know that there is somewhere in Japan that someone has put pen to paper for FF17. to me, a game doesmt exist till a release date is announced for it. 

BraLoD said:

As I said in the post above, they did announce it for the PS3 and missed the whole generation, even without a release date.

Ok, so whats the real issue here. That it took them 10years to make the game? Or that they missed the first release date they set and shifted it back by about 2 months?

Around the Network

Does anyone else think this new date is a really bad time for a game to come out? Nov 29th is the week after Black Friday, so they'll be missing out on all those sales. Or does that not really matter much?

BraLoD said:
Intrinsic said:
I honestly don't care. Its still coming out this year. And thats good enough for me.

If anything I applaud them for ensuring that what was to have been a day one patch is on the disc and delaying the game to be sure that goes in. I can't understand this new ridiculous practice of shipping out broken games that need a day one patch.

Just look at No man's sky. They announced a length day one patch as if it's some sort of good thing. And gamers were fine with that?????? SE delays the game to ensure the put their best foot forward and they get hammered? smh.....

And for the record, just to be clear.... this is actually the FIRST time FINAL FANTASY 15 has been delayed. Uncharted 4 has 3 delays if I recall.

First time the release date was delayed... it was announced as a PS3 exclusive game, back at 2006...

But was never given a release date or window til 2016

SJReiter said:
Does anyone else think this new date is a really bad time for a game to come out? Nov 29th is the week after Black Friday, so they'll be missing out on all those sales. Or does that not really matter much?

It helps them in Japan, I believe, but hurts them in the west.  

BraLoD said:
teigaga said:

But was never given a release date or window til 2016

Yeah, they were expecting it to release 2016 to the PS3 back in the day, that's why it's coming to the PS4 now...

BraLod, don't you know no such as a development delays if it does not have a release date, or does everyone believe this game was penned in the making for 10 years. It was obviously meant to be ps4 when they announced it. 

Or because they can't seem to get the game work and it's gonna suck.