By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV officially delayed to November 29

bunchanumbers said:
Delay it to next March. Avoid the holiday rush. Join the NX rush!

and along with the NX rush join the 480p/12fps no npcs/no textures NX Version rush too, lmao, this game would rather come on the ps3 faster than on NX, but hey, i'm sure you'll have a Final Fantasy GO AWAY, or something like that

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Hynad said:

Nomura... 

I so wish for Square-Enix to bring back character designs by Amano. With the tech available now, his art could be rendered faithfully. The Big Bang illustration from the Uncovered conference is proof of that. And his characters don't all look androginous with leather [and belts and zipper] fetish. FF IX is the last game that showed inspired character design, but Amano's work was adapted to a super deformed look which didn't gel with everyone's tastes. But Nomura wouldn't design a main or supporting character that looks like Steainer, Amarant, and even less so like Quina. xD

FF X and XII characters are also very good. As much as we lost some diversity they still had great designs.
Yuna, Lulu, Auron, Fran, Balthier, Ashe, etc.

I also like those two FF XV characters I'm mocking, btw, both Noctis and Prompto are very well made, even if lacking much visual identity aside from their heads. And Cindy is a really good addition, hehehe.

They look good, yes. But they're not really original. At least, if they were of different body shapes, with different and unique facial features (that aren't scars), that would make things more interesting. But nope. They're all japanese magazine models. FF XII was a step in the right direction, but not quite on the level of Nomura. But X? Auron looked cool, but wasn't really original. Wakka might actually be the best character in the game. But he's a simpleton, and isn't the best looking one either, so most people don't like him. If I have to be specific, I'll say that characters are way more interesting when they have flaws. Nomura's character mostly have personality flaws. Physically, they're all designed to be very good looking.

I'll say that Noctis looks really cool. But not really because of how he looks, but because of how he fights and moves (in battle) like a freaking badass.

I honestly don't care. Its still coming out this year. And thats good enough for me.

If anything I applaud them for ensuring that what was to have been a day one patch is on the disc and delaying the game to be sure that goes in. I can't understand this new ridiculous practice of shipping out broken games that need a day one patch.

Just look at No man's sky. They announced a length day one patch as if it's some sort of good thing. And gamers were fine with that?????? SE delays the game to ensure the put their best foot forward and they get hammered? smh.....

And for the record, just to be clear.... this is actually the FIRST time FINAL FANTASY 15 has been delayed. Uncharted 4 has 3 delays if I recall.

I think it'll get delayed to fall 2017

Don't want to rush a game to market.

Around the Network

Good news imo!

Intrinsic said:
I honestly don't care. Its still coming out this year. And thats good enough for me.

If anything I applaud them for ensuring that what was to have been a day one patch is on the disc and delaying the game to be sure that goes in. I can't understand this new ridiculous practice of shipping out broken games that need a day one patch.

Just look at No man's sky. They announced a length day one patch as if it's some sort of good thing. And gamers were fine with that?????? SE delays the game to ensure the put their best foot forward and they get hammered? smh.....

And for the record, just to be clear.... this is actually the FIRST time FINAL FANTASY 15 has been delayed. Uncharted 4 has 3 delays if I recall.

We're on the same page.

It's my most anticipated game this year. Probably of the gen. Witcher 3, Ori, and Uncharted 4 were up there. But I've been a fan of the Final Fantasy franchise since 1988(ish). I've followed the production of this game since it was announced in 2006, and have played the titles that were released since then, and this is the only game that makes me belive they're getting their shit together as far as content is concerned (exploration, impressive summons, flying airships, emotional story, etc...). So while I'm a little disappointed that I have to wait a little longer, I prefer that they give me a game that won't require me to download a huge patch everytimes I re-install it.

You know what, I would be fine with this. I am getting so tired of games releasing these days with a big day one patch released. They should do as SE is doing, delay it and release it fully complete.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

New date actually works better for me. I don't think i have anything planned for that window. If its not terrible maybe i'll get it.

BraLoD said:
Intrinsic said:

First time the release date was delayed... it was announced as a PS3 exclusive game, back at 2006...

TECHNICALLY. That game was called FFvs13. 

FF15 was announced in 2013... or was it 2014?