By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AMD looking more & more to be providing silicon for the NX

Game_God said:
teigaga said:

Why would he apologies? No where did he say its fact, simply that all credible sources and evidence point towards Nvidia. This thread shouldn't even exist because there are no actual sources claiming AMD is the chip provider. Zero. You have two articles (from obscure tech websites) assuming that Nintendo is one of AMD's wins (as we all did earlier in the year), they don't claim to have any insider knowledge or sources on the matter.

You got that right, seekingalpha.com is an obscure tech website!!!

It's great when one doesn't even have to counter-argue, you seem to master the infamous internet technique: "Self-Discredit"!

Forgive me for thinking that seekingalpha is obscure, i've literally never heard of them break a gaming related story in all my years following the industry. Furthermore your selective bias is just a means of deflection, you're still not addressing the point that neither purport to know anything about a NX/AMD deal. Seekingalpha link to July article which is based on nothing more than speculation. Unless you care to address this point, I'm comfortable to leave the conversation here.

P.S: I'm truly not invested in whether its AMD or NVIDIA providing the chip for the NX, but I care to be informed on the matter and that means having conversations based on evidence not ones own personal agenda. 

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
JEMC said:
^One of you should make a betting thread, "Will NX use AMD or Nvidia?"

I would so laugh if it ended up being powered by Via+S3. Haha

There's always place for an "other" option

But the chances of Nintendo going with Via are... let's leave it at low.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I am not even sure where people are coming up with this AMD stuff except wishful thinking "cuz Sony n Microsoft done it."

The NX isn't going to be like a Sony or Microsoft console, Nintendo has already confirmed that it's going to be something different, and something that isn't competing for power against PS or XB platforms. We also know that Nintendo unified their handheld and TV box hardware teams into one, so we can expect the learnings of both teams to be applied.

It can be deduced that Nintendo would develop some sort of hybrid console, we already did that on this site. The best fit for such a console is the Tegra chipset. AMD would be inferior.

Eurogamer is the top source of reliable information on the industry. They have resources and sources with developers to acquire information about upcoming platforms, such as the NX. They have confirmed from their own sources that indeed the Dev kits are using the Nvidia Tegra X1. This is exactly in line with what we could all deduce from the information Nintendo has given about the next platform.

There is absolutely no reason to think the plans are for anything else at this time. The only justification I am hearing is "Nintendo is known to lie, AND Eurogamer can't be trusted! While what I am saying is not fact, it is my opinion." In other words, people are being ridiculous with their arguments that AMD and not Nvidia are providing the chipset.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Game_God said:

BREAKING NEWS!!! Eurogamer are the ones developping & manufacturing the NX, they are the ones calling the shots it seems!!! Everything they write is set in stone... stone, no steel, what am I saying, Adamantium!!!*

*at least according to some posters in here...

Pretty much. Instead we gotta listen to people state things like they're fact because someone said so. Even though that someone isn't Nintendo.

teigaga said:
Game_God said:

You got that right, seekingalpha.com is an obscure tech website!!!

It's great when one doesn't even have to counter-argue, you seem to master the infamous internet technique: "Self-Discredit"!

Forgive me for thinking that seekingalpha is obscure, i've literally never heard of them break a gaming related story in all my years following the industry. Furthermore your selective bias is just a means of deflection, you're still not addressing the point that neither purport to know anything about a NX/AMD deal. Seekingalpha link to July article which is based on nothing more than speculation. Unless you care to address this point, I'm comfortable to leave the conversation here.

P.S: I'm truly not invested in whether its AMD or NVIDIA providing the chip for the NX, but I care to be informed on the matter and that means having conversations based on evidence not ones own personal agenda. 

My own personal agenda is playing great games, don't care if NX is AMD or Nvidia powered, I don't play chips :o !!!

But when I read that NX is Nvidia powered as a fact, it baffles me. Except baseless rumours from a gaming site that has published "facts" proven wrong afterwards, all written by gaming "journalists" (you know the greatest & most credible breed of journalists out there/s...), nothing points towards Nvidia baking chips for Nintendo. All I see is Nvidia financial reports & AMD financial reports pointing to Nvidia not making semi-custom chips & AMD making plenty of them stating that these are going into undisclosed consoles. Furthermore I read from serious investment & business sites saying that AMD have won the contract to provide Nintendo with their chips, so excuse me if I rather believe that a AMD chip has better chance to power the NX!

Again, I'm not saying it is the case, READ THE OP: AMD looking more & more to be providing silicon for the NX. Never say I that it is a done deal 100% sure; as a matter of fact I don't know who is going to supply Nintendo, but some in here seem to know 100000% sure that it will be Nvidia because Eurogamer said so!!!

I'm not saying that Nvidia won't power NX, just that from I read, AMD seems in a better position.

Fact will be when Nintendo says so, everything written on it, is matter of opinion supported by more or less convincing supposed "leaks". Believe what you will but don't state as a fact what is a rumour, I know I don't, otherwise I would be a gullible idiot!!!

I just want to end this by stating that I don't care for the brand of the chip, I just want it to be competent enough to grant Nintendo's success!

For power & Tflops, I have my PC thank you, from my Nintendo I want what they do best, great games, like the next Zelda is shapping up to be, "come to me chicken, I haven't said my last word"!!!

ps: seekingalpha.com is not obscure, nore it is a tech site, so it would be difficult for you to hear of them breaking a gaming related story, what they know is business & business deals! Quoting:

"Upturn driven by RX 480 GPU, new orders from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo, data center server market prospects, and two China joint ventures that boost free cash flow"

"As for second quarter results due shortly, this quarter has historically been a relatively good one for the company. In this calendar quarter AMD has won orders from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo for semi custom chips for game consoles in a segment which is the most profitable for AMD and which normally exhibits higher sales in the second and third quarters."

You can question their sources, I agree with that, I question them too, the same way I question Eurogamer sources!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
I am not even sure where people are coming up with this AMD stuff except wishful thinking "cuz Sony n Microsoft done it."

The NX isn't going to be like a Sony or Microsoft console, Nintendo has already confirmed that it's going to be something different, and something that isn't competing for power against PS or XB platforms. We also know that Nintendo unified their handheld and TV box hardware teams into one, so we can expect the learnings of both teams to be applied.

It can be deduced that Nintendo would develop some sort of hybrid console, we already did that on this site. The best fit for such a console is the Tegra chipset. AMD would be inferior.

Eurogamer is the top source of reliable information on the industry. They have resources and sources with developers to acquire information about upcoming platforms, such as the NX. They have confirmed from their own sources that indeed the Dev kits are using the Nvidia Tegra X1. This is exactly in line with what we could all deduce from the information Nintendo has given about the next platform.

There is absolutely no reason to think the plans are for anything else at this time. The only justification I am hearing is "Nintendo is known to lie, AND Eurogamer can't be trusted! While what I am saying is not fact, it is my opinion." In other words, people are being ridiculous with their arguments that AMD and not Nvidia are providing the chipset.

Just because Nintendo is working with these guys since the N64 era: Silicon Graphics-> ArtX-> ATI-> AMD until WiiU, "itz nut wishful thinkin' cuz MS & Sony done it"! You are implying that I want it to be AMD because of Sony & MS consoles being powered by AMD, saying what, that I'm somewhat jelly??? I have had Nvidia & AMD graphic cards in my PCs, so be at rest on that matter ;P . Again, I don't care the brand of the silicon, I play games!!!

On Eurogamer: they have been wrong before, they will be in the future, they may be right on this, others are saying otherwise, believe who you want, just don't state it as a fact or disrespect others opinions, I don't disrespect yours, we can't all agree on everything & we musn't, just don't bully your opinions on others who don't share your point of view... While I'm more inclined to believe the AMD rumours, I have my doubts about them too, but I have even more doubts about Nvidia supplying silicon for NX... time & Nintendo will have the final word, until then it does not take my sleep away & it won't if NX ends up being Nvidia powered!!!

I just wish people could have a more relaxed state of mind when discussing gaming, we're all gamers, we share the same hobby, we can be passionate about our preferences without bullying others, to everyone: CHILL OUT GUYS!!! WE ALL GO BACK TO STAR DUST!!! AMD or Nvidia, Nintendo, Sony, MS or PC, man or woman, white, black or yellow...

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Game_God said:

BREAKING NEWS!!! Eurogamer are the ones developping & manufacturing the NX, they are the ones calling the shots it seems!!! Everything they write is set in stone... stone, no steel, what am I saying, Adamantium!!!*

Yes, same like sites that give us PS4 NEO infos and spec developping & manufacturing PS4 Neo for instance..

bunchanumbers said:
Game_God said:

Pretty much. Instead we gotta listen to people state things like they're fact because someone said so. Even though that someone isn't Nintendo.

I really don't see what exactly is problem, when multiple sites and sources that are very reliable saying that NX is using Nvidia, then that info is most likely very possible true. Offcourse you can belive whatever you want, but info that Nvidia is in NX at this point is very realible, but you can keep deny that.

Miyamotoo said:
Game_God said:

Yes, same like sites that give us PS4 NEO infos and spec developping & manufacturing PS4 Neo for instance..

I'm sorry, but I can't understand what you wrote here... nevermind, keep on believing the rumours you want, I'll keep on believing the rumours I want, maybe Nvidia will supply Nintendo, maybe not. If Eurogamer is right, I'll take better notice of what they say, if they are wrong, I hope you'll learn something too...

Game_God said:
Miyamotoo said:

I'm sorry, but I can't understand what you wrote here... nevermind, keep on believing the rumours you want, I'll keep on believing the rumours I want, maybe Nvidia will supply Nintendo, maybe not. If Eurogamer is right, I'll take better notice of what they say, if they are wrong, I hope you'll learn something too...

You said: "Eurogamer are the ones developping & manufacturing the NX, they are the ones calling the shots it seems!!! Everything they write is set in stone"

Thats basicly like saying that sites that give us PS4 Neo infos and spec, are developping & manufacturing PS4 Neo.

Of Course I believe in infos that multiply reliable sources gave us, you can keep deny them if you want and act like they dont exist.