By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Aquamarine said:

CosmicQueso on NeoGAF:

"Whoops. Forgot about that.

It would be weird if it wasn't, Ryng.

(Hi anyways Aqua!)"

Translation:
3DS had the largest unit sales in July 2016 than any other month in 2016.

Hi CosmicQueso!

so 3DS should be over 180k units.
that's very very solid. The Pokemon Hype is real

Around the Network
Jodaa said:
poklane said:

I'm sure that in a few hours we'll have a bunch of those comments, don't you worry.

Xbox has the next 2 months in the back.
We have to wait for October to see how the possible Ps4 Neo release (+ orginal Ps4 a cheap entry model)  will compete against the Xbox One S

Everyone who is doing any predictions before that, will be fooling himself

August? Sure. September? Wouldn't exactly count on it. If Sony announces a PS4 cut to $299, I think September is theirs.  Especially if that's coupled with a PS4 Slim.

Dark_Feanor said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

If this were old VGChartz we would see people making threads about how these numbers mean a turning point and how X console would  close gaps and take leads.

Depending on the PS4 Neo price I can see XOne beating PS4 for most of the months in USA until Scorpio come out.

Launching Neo and PSVR against a slimmer Xbox One is going to lead to PS4 selling less? That's weird

Faelco said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Depending on the PS4 Neo price I can see XOne beating PS4 for most of the months in USA until Scorpio come out.

Way too optimistic IMO, that's what everyone was saying 2 or 3 years ago too.

There was a lot of things being said 2 or 3 years ago.

The reciprocal of that was people saing PS4 would do 2 to 1 in the USA alone. Or PS4 repeating Wii numbers for all the generation.

Facts are MS is willing to sell the XO far cheaper than before and cram free games while Sony is more conservative and still enjoying a good profit.

Tagging

Around the Network

Xbox will win August aswell but after that is done again, unless they sell it the whole holidays for 199$ or 249$, if they don't it's game over until Scorpio.

WW is a bloodbath, things on the US are much more interesting right now.

Aaron Greenberg's (Head of Xbox Games Marketing) Twitter:

"Thanks to everyone who helped make #XboxOne the #1 selling console in July according to #NPD, nice to be back on top!"

thismeintiel said:
Jodaa said:

Xbox has the next 2 months in the back.
We have to wait for October to see how the possible Ps4 Neo release (+ orginal Ps4 a cheap entry model)  will compete against the Xbox One S

Everyone who is doing any predictions before that, will be fooling himself

August? Sure. September? Wouldn't exactly count on it. If Sony announces a PS4 cut to $299, I think September is theirs.  Especially if that's coupled with a PS4 Slim.

september will be 5 full weeks of xbox one s sales starting at $299
do you think the pricecut for the ps4 will be before the neo release? could happen, but i'm not sure about it. we will find out on the 7th september.
if sony will cut the price before neo release, they will announce "starting today at $299" that day.

i'm not even sure, when in october the ps4 neo will release. could be the last week. in that case the impact will be limited and mostly transition to november.
well we should wait until september 7th to talk about this :D

celador said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Launching Neo and PSVR against a slimmer Xbox One is going to lead to PS4 selling less? That's weird

PS4 vs XOs, yes. Xbox will win.

PS4 + Neo vs XOs, no. Neo will have explosive sales in lat Octuber and/or November. We have to factor prices and demand to figure out the rest of the year.

Edit: and "most of the months" is not the same as "all months".

Aquamarine said:
Aaron Greenberg's (Head of Xbox Games) Twitter:

"Thanks to everyone who helped make #XboxOne the #1 selling console in July according to #NPD, nice to be back on top!"

No.1??? What about 3DS, Greenberg???