By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

tbone51 said:
Welfare said:

When did MS or Sony ever include handhelds when talking about home consoles?

Than add "home" to it. Its not 1st place unless you spin it

"Console" is home and "handheld" is handheld. Hardware refers to both.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
Robomado said:
Aquamarine said:
Aaron Greenberg's (Head of Xbox Games) Twitter:

"Thanks to everyone who helped make #XboxOne the #1 selling console in July according to #NPD, nice to be back on top!"

No.1??? What about 3DS, Greenberg???

they wrote of theire smartphone business. do you think they care about handhelds *cough*?

Dark_Feanor said:
Faelco said:

Way too optimistic IMO, that's what everyone was saying 2 or 3 years ago too.

There was a lot of things being said 2 or 3 years ago.

The reciprocal of that was people saing PS4 would do 2 to 1 in the USA alone. Or PS4 repeating Wii numbers for all the generation.

Facts are MS is willing to sell the XO far cheaper than before and cram free games while Sony is more conservative and still enjoying a good profit.

Why would PS4 want to do Wii numbers all gen? That means they'd crawl to 100M, instead of easily passing it like the PS2, which it's currently outpacing.  

And let's just ignore all the Xbox fans' predictions and threads about how the XBO was going to actually compete with the PS4 WW, possibly beat it. Which started up again when XBO did well the following Xmas after launch. Now, it's only competing in the US when it's $70-$100 cheaper than the PS4.

Welfare said:
tbone51 said:

Than add "home" to it. Its not 1st place unless you spin it

Fair enough. Its not that big of deal anywayzzz! (poor nintendo can never win!!!)

Aquamarine said:
Robomado said:

No.1??? What about 3DS, Greenberg???

Greenberg is getting crafty with the PR. "Console" and "Handhelds" are two different things according to Greenberg.

Microsoft PR is on a whole another level.

It's more like they already used this tactic in the past. Even in the DS days (I remember one PR where MS proclaimed 360 as the best selling console even with lower sales than DS back in 2011), it's nothing new :P

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Welfare said:

Fair enough. Its not that big of deal anywayzzz! (poor nintendo can never win!!!)

nintendo won. just a different fight

What happened for Ouya outsell Wii U?

Aqua can you tell us how close it was? Not nessarily complete numbers.
Just.. is it more than 25k? I thought this month would be pretty close, am I right? it won by a slim margin?

Handheld is a portable console, that's basically a fact.

Anyway, i understand Greenberd since we talk about a pr...

Congrats to the XB1! It has been a while! And look at the 3DS Pokemon gave it a lot of steam! PS4 still holding strong despite the INSANE deals the XB1 had! Pretty good looking month overall!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23