By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

poklane said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
If this were old VGChartz we would see people making threads about how these numbers mean a turning point and how X console would take the close gaps and take leads.

I'm sure that in a few hours we'll have a bunch of those comments, don't you worry.

Xbox has the next 2 months in the back.
We have to wait for October to see how the possible Ps4 Neo release (+ orginal Ps4 a cheap entry model)  will compete against the Xbox One S

Everyone who is doing any predictions before that, will be fooling himself

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
poklane said:

$279 for the first 3 weeks and $249 from July 24th onwards for all 500GB SKUs, and IIRC there was also some deals with Amazon Prime, but maybe someone else can correct me on that.

Edit:

• Xbox One 500 GB Name Your Game Bundle + Halo 5 Limited Edition: $279 
  • Xbox One 500 GB Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Bundle + Fallout 4: $279 
  • Xbox One 1 TB The Division Bundle + Rainbow Six Siege: $299

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/12/12160038/amazon-prime-day-deals-video-games-xbox-one-bundle

Was about to post this.  XBO needs to be quite a bit cheaper than PS4 to compete. It'll interesting to see by how much XBO outsold it. Also wonder if Sony will have any price cut announcements in New York.

I'm sure Sony will drop the PS4's price if the Neo is $400, otherwise I think they'll wait a bit longer and see how PS4+Neo vs. XB1S plays out in the coming months.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

What are you trying to even say???

I was asking a question not saying anything.

Well what were you asking? Its very vague

edit: pls dont try to spin/down play pokemon though :/

AbbathTheGrim said:

If this were old VGChartz we would see people making threads about how these numbers mean a turning point and how X console would  close gaps and take leads.

Depending on the PS4 Neo price I can see XOne beating PS4 for most of the months in USA until Scorpio come out.

If Xbone won by a slight margin, it's really bad. Deals during entire July.

Around the Network

CosmicQueso on NeoGAF:

"Whoops. Forgot about that.

It would be weird if it wasn't, Ryng.

(Hi anyways Aqua!)"

Translation:
3DS had the largest unit sales in July 2016 than any other month in 2016.

Hi CosmicQueso!

Dark_Feanor said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

If this were old VGChartz we would see people making threads about how these numbers mean a turning point and how X console would  close gaps and take leads.

Depending on the PS4 Neo price I can see XOne beating PS4 for most of the months in USA until Scorpio come out.

Way too optimistic IMO, that's what everyone was saying 2 or 3 years ago too.

poklane said:
thismeintiel said:

Was about to post this.  XBO needs to be quite a bit cheaper than PS4 to compete. It'll interesting to see by how much XBO outsold it. Also wonder if Sony will have any price cut announcements in New York.

I'm sure Sony will drop the PS4's price if the Neo is $400, otherwise I think they'll wait a bit longer and see how PS4+Neo vs. XB1S plays out in the coming months.

$349 and $399 won't happen. the difference would be to low
i think Ps4 neo will be $449 as a 1TB model
Ps4 down to $299

original Ps4 won't go lowber, beause it's still a 28nm chip.
a slim version alongside neo will not happen, because there is just not enough capacity to produce enough 14/16nm chips - Sony and Microsoft will sell more than 10m consoles combined this holiday season

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

Well what were you asking? Its very vague

edit: pls dont try to spin/down play pokemon though :/

I'd like to see what he can come up with.

i would be lying if i said i wasnt xD

Aquamarine said:

CosmicQueso on NeoGAF:

"Whoops. Forgot about that.

It would be weird if it wasn't, Ryng.

(Hi anyways Aqua!)"

Translation:
3DS had the largest unit sales in July 2016 than any other month in 2016.

Hi CosmicQueso!

Yup, missed that post. :D

3DS over 176k is very good!