By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - August 1st - 7th 2016

Soooooo the PS4 shortage thing is false?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:

Based on Hiska-Kun post, and evidence provided by him, yes it is currently false. It may happen, but it has not happened. 

Acevil said:
Kerotan said:

I'll remember that next time ps4 beats 3DS and you come out with "but it's a 5 year old system". Lol 

The hypocrisy is great, because you always compare ps4 to 3ds, when it is positive, but when things are negative, you are ready with excuses (like shortages, which it doesn't have yet, and or that the comparisons isn't fair, when you do the exact thing you complain about it), or dismiss it.

No. Hypocricy would be if he made an argument against excuses and then used an excuse himself. Which he hasn't done. People like to throw around the word "hypocricy", but it's mostly misused. Same for the word "fact".

@bolded: factually incorrect. It doesn't have shortages everywhere but there have been several reports of shortages. Look them up.

Acevil said:
Kerotan said:

I'll remember that next time ps4 beats 3DS and you come out with "but it's a 5 year old system". Lol 

The hypocrisy is great, because you always compare ps4 to 3ds, when it is positive, but when things are negative, you are ready with excuses (like shortages, which it doesn't have yet, and or that the comparisons isn't fair, when you do the exact thing you complain about it), or dismiss it.

No hypocrisy my friend.  The 3DS isn't the PS4's competition.  The Wii U and x1 are.  But because they are long destroyed,  I like to do a fun comparison between the 3DS and the ps4. It just so happens their numbers are close in 2016 as a result of the ps4 in one of it's peak years vs the 3DS past it's peak. 

As I said,  it's a fun harmless comparison, but it seems to ruffle a few feathers.  It shouldn't. 

Jranation said:

Nope. PS4 just has a slow week since no new releases. BTW, is this the first time PS4 falls under 20k since... last November?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
naruball said:

No. Hypocricy would be if he made an argument against excuses and then used an excuse himself. Which he hasn't done. People like to throw around the word "hypocricy", but it's mostly misused. Same for the word "fact".

@bolded: factually incorrect. It doesn't have shortages everywhere but there have been several reports of shortages. Look them up.

Hypocrisy is also when somebody makes excuses and then makes an argument against excuses. Which Kerotan has done. Being hypocritical is fundamental to his posting style, because he does his best to piss people off without blatantly violating the forum rules. This has led to countless threads getting derailed into stupid discussions and is known to everyone who frequently visits the COMG and Media Create topics, because that's where Kerotan posts regularly.

I've never seen him make an argument against excuses. I could be wrong, though.

At any rate, I keep seeing people seeing what they want to see.

Before even entering the media create thread I know which user will praise which games and ignore which games and which user will complain about that user while ignoring the other user who does the exact same thing.

naruball said:
RolStoppable said:

Hypocrisy is also when somebody makes excuses and then makes an argument against excuses. Which Kerotan has done. Being hypocritical is fundamental to his posting style, because he does his best to piss people off without blatantly violating the forum rules. This has led to countless threads getting derailed into stupid discussions and is known to everyone who frequently visits the COMG and Media Create topics, because that's where Kerotan posts regularly.

Before even entering the media create thread I know which user will praise which games and ignore which games and which user will complain about that user while ignoring the other user who does the exact same thing.

If you are talking about me, with the last bit, I been calling the market shit for about a year because I compare it over large amount of time when I use to host Media Create thing long time ago, not as decently as Kresnick, because guess what this generation when compared to the last one, is doing really badly. 

Also while generally people discuss things (Roketan for example, I argue with, but I don't hold anything against and find respectful and we get along), that user just go abouts dismissing things when it does not support his argument and gloats when it does. 

That is why the other users you might consider bad apples, act the way they do, it is basically new form of hit and run posts. 

Also the shortage thing, it has not been reported as an actual shortage, just that some retailers believe and are telling people a shortage is happening soon. I have yet to see a single report or see about an actual shortage. 

Acevil said:
naruball said:

If you are talking about me, with the last bit, I been calling the market shit for about a year because I compare it over large amount of time when I use to host Media Create thing long time ago, not as decently as Kresnick, because guess what this generation when compared to the last one, is doing really badly. 

Also while generally people discuss things (Roketan for example, I argue with, but I don't hold anything against and find respectful and we get along), that user just go abouts dismissing things when it does not support his argument and gloats when it does. 

That is why the other users you might consider bad apples, act the way they do, it is basically new form of hit and run posts. 

Also the shortage thing, it has not been reported as an actual shortage, just that some retailers believe and are telling people a shortage is happening soon. I have yet to see a single report or see about an actual shortage. 

I was not. I was speaking in general. It's something that I see happening every week.

"Look at Splatoon go"

"Look at minecraft vita go"

"Splatoon has the best legs"

"Minecraft vita has the best legs"

"x is more impressive"

"y is more impressive"

"x is more impressive now"

"y is more impressive overall"

"What I'm saying is a fact"

"What I am saying is also a fact"

And it goes on and on.

If you ask someone impartial they'll tell you both sides are equally annoying. That's all.

naruball said:
Acevil said:

I was not. I was speaking in general. It's something that I see happening every week.

"Look at Splatoon go"

"Look at minecraft vita go"

"Splatoon has the best legs"

"Minecraft vita has the best legs"

"x is more impressive"

"y is more impressive"

"x is more impressive now"

"y is more impressive overall"

"What I'm saying is a fact"

"What I am saying is also a fact"

And it goes on and on.

If you ask someone impartial they'll tell you both sides are equally annoying. That's all.

The Vita and Wii U thing does not bug me as much as the 3DS and PS4 stuff, maybe because I don't really care for the actual losers of this market (Splatoon and Minecraft Vita talk don't really bug me), where I care about the winners doing poorly. Maybe that is why I am bias towards that. To me the winners are not really winners, if that make sense. 

Acevil said:

The Vita and Wii U thing does not bug me as much as the 3DS and PS4 stuff, maybe because I don't really care for the actual losers of this market (Splatoon and Minecraft Vita talk don't really bug me), where I care about the winners doing poorly. Maybe that is why I am bias towards that. To me the winners are not really winners, if that make sense. 

Yup, It does.