By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - August 1st - 7th 2016

AmericanAli said:
Yokai Watch is ... dead (?)

A game that is going to reach 1mil........ And had a spin off this year (Yokai Sangokushi) that sold 500k+....... Too early to say. 

I guess it depends if the fanbase will buy the NX for a possibility of the next game to be on it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Is Media Create or Famitsu considered more accurate? Their numbers are quite different.

Jranation said:
boypita said:
It makes me really sad to see the sales of Yokai Watch 3 u.u

At least be happy that it will probably be the 2nd or third most selling game (Individual SKU) in Japan this year XD. 

Jranation said:
AmericanAli said:
Yokai Watch is ... dead (?)

A game that is going to reach 1mil........ And had a spin off this year (Yokai Sangokushi) that sold 500k+....... Too early to say. 

I guess it depends if the fanbase will buy the NX for a possibility of the next game to be on it. 

This sounds like a bunch of rose-colored glasses spin.  Game's not doing half as well as its predecessor YW2 (which was at 1,934,004 after week 4) and is even losing out to spin-off game Busters (1,127,271 after four weeks).  You look at the sales for Busters, it beat YW3's numbers in every single of week of the first four weeks (its week four was 108,822).

This is a declining franchise in Japan right now, though it'll probably level off and be fine, so long as it can survive the transition to the 3DS' successor.  I kind of feel it won't, and it'll become a full mobile franchise eventually.

Roketan said:
In case nobody posted it

Media Create

3DS Dragon Ball Fusions 77.509
PS3+PS4 Dragon Ball Xenoverse 78.911

Personally i was expecting more from Fusions (like a 100k opening).

Also

3DS Dragon Ball Extreme Budoten 74.660

Wow in surprised xenoverse beat it! Consistent series sales though 

NateH said:
Jranation said:

At least be happy that it will probably be the 2nd or third most selling game (Individual SKU) in Japan this year XD. 

Jranation said:

This sounds like a bunch of rose-colored glasses spin.  Game's not doing half as well as its predecessor YW2 (which was at 1,934,004 after week 4) and is even losing out to spin-off game Busters (1,127,271 after four weeks).  You look at the sales for Busters, it beat YW3's numbers in every single of week of the first four weeks (its week four was 108,822).

This is a declining franchise in Japan right now, though it'll probably level off and be fine, so long as it can survive the transition to the 3DS' successor.  I kind of feel it won't, and it'll become a full mobile franchise eventually.

American Ali is asking if Yokai Watch is Dead.

It is declining but it isn't dead...... yet! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

EOV did ok compared to COMG estimations.

Dynasty Warriors is the true bomba, they really thought slapping on Dynasty Warriors would get the game to sell. They should have tried to sell it on its own merits with a more unique title. When Dynasty Warriors fans look at the game, they ignore it because it isn't like Dynasty Warriors and when non Dynasty Warriors fans look at it they dislike it because it is Dynasty Warriors.

PS4 hardware is odd since it should not have stock problems yet.

Those Ys VIII legs makes me very happy. It's already nearly at the LTD of both 7 and Celceta after only 3 weeks. WoM must be great.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

It is becoming ever more unlikely that the PS4 will reach the 3DS's YTD this year, the gap continues to increase and will soon be near ~170k. Of course, the surge in popularity for Pokemon more or less killed this possibility already.

Blood_Tears said:
Not surprised at PS4 sales since the shortages are in effect.

There are no reported shortages. There has only been the supposition of possible shortages, no retailers have reported actual shortages yet.

Retailers warned of shortages and now ps4 has suddenly dropped to 16k when it was stable at 20k+ all summer. Go figure.

Dang! Im not sure who to believe about the PS4 drop!

Pocky Lover Boy!