By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - August 1st - 7th 2016

spurgeonryan said:
Kerotan said:

You comment every week but clearly you don't bother reading the threads.  It's been well documented that the ps4 is under going supply issues for the next few weeks.  Nobody knows why exactly but speculation is a new ps4 model coming.  Neo or slim or both.  

Despite excuses, it does not change the facts.

What excuses? If a system has shortage problems you can't come in here and say ''lol look these low sales, bomba etc'' because this is just stupid.

Around the Network
Roketan said:
spurgeonryan said:

What excuses? If a system has shortage problems you can't come in here and say ''lol look these low sales, bomba etc'' because this is just stupid.

I guess we can say that with the Wii U? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Roketan said:

I guess we can say that with the Wii U? 

No we can't. WiiU's shortages exist because there is no interest for the system so Nintendo stoped the production. It's totally different. 

Kerotan said:
Retailers warned of shortages and now ps4 has suddenly dropped to 16k when it was stable at 20k+ all summer. Go figure.

You can search if PS4 is available or not in Japan very easily. For example going to Yodobashi Camera website. You might need a minimum level of japanese, though. In this link you can check PS4 stock available in all Yodobashi Camera's shops (one of the biggest chains in Japan):

http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/product/stock/100000001002773772/index.html

And in all of them it says 在庫あり (stock available). The only store where is not available is the outlet / second hand store, than never has stock.

You can also check Amazon.jp and PS4 is 在庫あり (stock available) again (letters in green).

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B012MNV9G6?pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&sr=1-13

Also, I live in Japan, Tokyo, and I've checked Bic Camera and Yamada Denki close where I live and PS4 is available again there.

So, we have 3 evidences showing that PS4 is still FULLY AVAILABLE in Japan. 

Btw, since the new Splatoon Bundle came out in July, Wii U is also fully available (you can check it using my links and starting a new search). If now it isn't selling it's because doesn't sell. The moment to sell has passed, and the new bundle price is quite higher than before.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

hiska-kun said:
Kerotan said:
Retailers warned of shortages and now ps4 has suddenly dropped to 16k when it was stable at 20k+ all summer. Go figure.

You can search if PS4 is available or not in Japan very easily. For example going to Yodobashi Camera website. You might need a minimum level of japanese, though. In this link you can check PS4 stock available in all Yodobashi Camera's shops (one of the biggest chains in Japan):

http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/product/stock/100000001002773772/index.html

And in all of them it says 在庫あり (stock available). The only store where is not available is the outlet / second hand store, than never has stock.

You can also check Amazon.jp and PS4 is 在庫あり (stock available) again (letters in green).

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B012MNV9G6?pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&sr=1-13

Also, I live in Japan, Tokyo, and I've checked Bic Camera and Yamada Denki close where I live and PS4 is available again there.

So, we have 3 evidences showing that PS4 is still FULLY AVAILABLE in Japan. 

Btw, since the new Splatoon Bundle came out in July, Wii U is also fully available (you can check it using my links and starting a new search). If now it isn't selling it's because doesn't sell. The moment to sell has passed, and the new bundle price is quite higher than before.

Thank for providing clarification for this, so PS4 decline has nothing to do with shortages. 

Around the Network

Dengeki up in 2nd post.  Here's Media Create back 30:

twenty one 3DS Important friend of the Harvest Moon three-ri Marvelous
twenty two Vita Dynasty Warriors Yingjie Den (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo 
Games
twenty three PS4 Over Watch Origins Edition square Enix
twenty four PS3 Dynasty Warriors Yingjie Den (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo 
Games
twenty five 3DS Tobidase Animal Crossing 
(Happy Price selection)
Nintendo
26 Vita Commentary Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 KONAMI
27 PS4 Grand Theft Auto V (4,990 yen version) Take-Two Interactive Japan
28 3DS Taiko Drum Master 
Dokodon! Mystery Adventures
Namco Bandai 
Entertainment
29 PS3 討鬼 Den 2 (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo 
Games
Thirty 3DS Monster Hunter Cross (including Bundle) Capcom
31 Wii U Mario Kart 8 (including Bundle) Nintendo
32 3DS Mario Kart 7 Nintendo
33 PS4 DARK SOULS III (Dark Seoul III) From Software
34 3DS Culdcept revolt Nintendo
35 Wii U Super Smash Bros. Wii U For 
(including Bundle)
Nintendo
36 Vita Underground labyrinth, the Witch and the Wardrobe Roh brigade of Refrain 
(including Limited Edition)
ICHI Software
37 PS4 Rainbow Six Siege Ubisoft
38 PS4 Commentary Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 KONAMI
39 3DS Friend collection new life 
(Happy Price selection)
Nintendo
Forty 3DS Ace Attorney 6 Capcom
41 Vita Dragon Quest Heroes II 
the end of the twin king and prophecy
square Enix
42 PS4 Tales of Zesutiria 
(Welcome Price !!)
Namco Bandai 
Entertainment
43 PS3 Commentary Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 KONAMI
44 PS4 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition SCE
45 Wii U Super Mario manufacturer (including Bundle) Nintendo
46 PS4 Dragon Ball Zenobasu 
(Welcome Price !!)
Namco Bandai 
Entertainment
47 3DS Mario & Luigi RPG Paper Mario MIX Nintendo
48 3DS Super Smash Bros. 
for Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo
49 PS4 Call of Duty: Black Ops III 
(including Bundle)
SCE
Fifty 3DS Teraria Spike Chunsoft

Mk8 and mk7 right next to each other !!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

spurgeonryan said:
Kerotan said:

You comment every week but clearly you don't bother reading the threads.  It's been well documented that the ps4 is under going supply issues for the next few weeks.  Nobody knows why exactly but speculation is a new ps4 model coming.  Neo or slim or both.  

I'll remember that next time ps4 beats 3DS and you come out with "but it's a 5 year old system". Lol 

Kerotan said:
spurgeonryan said:

I'll remember that next time ps4 beats 3DS and you come out with "but it's a 5 year old system". Lol 

Which he does....every single time..

Kerotan said:
spurgeonryan said:

The hypocrisy is great, because you always compare ps4 to 3ds, when it is positive, but when things are negative, you are ready with excuses (like shortages, which it doesn't have yet, and or that the comparisons isn't fair, when you do the exact thing you complain about it), or dismiss it.