By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky Metacritic - Critic 72, User 5.0

Metcritic user reviews are garbage, why are we still making threads about them?

.......that said, the game does look pretty fucking boring, but hey to each his own

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said: GameSpot "Even a few hours in, however, there comes a point where the loop of seeking and acquiring gear begins to sag, and the vastness of the galaxy sinks in. With an unfathomable universe beckoning, and hundreds of thousands of light years separating you from the intended finish line at the center of the galaxy, it becomes far too easy to question the meaning of your pursuits. No Man's Sky is an impressive technical feat, but its enormity may come at a cost. What does it mean to be alive in a world where everything is driven by algorithms, and your existence is solitary?" IGN "This is an enormously complex game, but it gets there by means of networking together many different mundane tasks. So far that’s been as amusing as it generally is in the genre of survival crafting games, but at this point No Man’s Sky has done little to set itself apart other than the impressive spectacle of flying from one impractically huge world to another without obvious loading screens between them." USGamers "The lack of emphasis on combat has led some to ask what exactly you're supposed to be doing in No Man's Sky outside of collecting resources. The answer, I suppose, is to find out what is at the end of the proverbial rainbow." Polygon: "I would love the opportunity to just explore these places, jump between them at will, explore the galaxy and see what awaits me without the constant pressure to collect a bunch of crafting materials just to survive." Are you sure all those userscore reviews comes from haters? Some pretty important webs are saying similar things, it looks like the game has all the problems I thought it will, and since so many people was expecting some kind of game changing hit it wouldn't surprise me if that big disappointment has been translated into a lot of 0, people constantly overreact on the internet after all. If is all because haters are hating an exclusive... can anybody explain me why Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 user scores were always high and green since the very first day?

Don't worry those are just xbox fanboys scoring the game a 0 for it not being on xbox (in all cases).

Chazore said:
SWORDF1SH said:
It's always the same with exclusive games. People are just being a dick because it's not on there platform and the more hate reviews means the more jealous they are. Just get over it!

BUt it's on PC, it's not even platform exclusive. If we want to limit it to being "console exclusive" then of course that logical answer leads us directly towards pointing the finger at Xbox and Nintendo fans, we all know how that battle ends.

Let's take my current fave space/planet exploration game being Starbound, that got 84 Metascore and 6.7 userscore. For the time being it's PC exclusive but it's coming out for PS4/X1 (possibly even Vita) and no one is ragging on that game for it's current exclusivity and not many outisde the game know that it's only exclusive for a limited time (I see plenty of folk over the last 2 years asking if it would pop on current gen systems from time to time via forums and YT). The difference with that game is it had no big budget marketing, no big interviews or anything fancy, just a booth once or twice, some trailers on Youtube and then it's final release.

See NMS just like other games have their faults, every game has it's positives and negatives, no game is practically perfect, I honestly don't know why anyone would think NMS to be perfect or above the rest. Minecraft got praised a lot, it also got it's fair share of "hate", it scored decently but it too has it's faults and it's positive aspects. Either way the game is going to be judged as it is, not what it's been hyped up to be. It's not one of those super extreme niche games where only 5 people on this rock "get it" in the "right" way that makes it so amazing that no one can ever deny it. If reviewers and users score it as such and the score doesn't change drastically within the first or second month then it is what it is. Some people may even change their score but at this moment this is how it's going and it's not stemming directly from just two console camps. without direct and quantifiable proof it basically becomes tin foil hat territory.

Besides going by what reviewers are saying, it's not the worst game of the year, nowhere near. Also we shouldn't be basing user reviews from a site like Metacritic, we should instead be watching the actual proper reviews from legit reviewers instead.

I'll admit I only read the first sentence of you post. I'll expand on what I said. This stupid shit is always Xbox vs PlayStation. The other combination of platforms are pretty civil to each other.

If PlayStation or Xbox has a game the other doesn't then it becomes very hostile especially if the game is decent. This goes for full exclusives or console exclusives. This then leads to a contant bitch fight and rating each others exclusives down on metacritic.

Who cares?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

People blaming owners of rival platforms couldn't be more childish.

Games like this will always be struck with low user scores because there will be just as many people who hate the concept and much as people like it. Same with games like Gone Home and Witness

Around the Network

Trolling type reviews....expected.

With how vast this game is it is impossible to make a legit review with such a short amount of time since release to experience the game.

I never trust user Metacritic game reviews. Funny thing is, it is the exact opposite with movies. I don't trust critics and lean more towards the user reviews.

Lrdfancypants said:
Sprash said:
The first user scored I clicked had just one game he she it scored that was no mans sky with one point, I guess we can believe him this game is crap.

My favorite one was a 0 because it was boring and nothing to do on millions of planets that have the same things.  

I have the game.  How on earth can a person have already visited enough of this game to conclude this?  I'm still doodling around on the first planet.

Dude, haven't you heard? Apparently user reviews are more important and reliable than professional ones, since they are not biased or bought.

foodfather said:

Games like this will always be struck with low user scores because there will be just as many people who hate the concept and much as people like it. Same with games like Gone Home and Witness

Yep, I think that's the right answer. I mean, not all exclusives have bad scores on Metacritic, it's just that the game concept is not for everyone. Not sure that WiiU/XOne owners have something to do with the score.... 

But, hey, we live in the YT, LPs era. It's really easy to get a complete impression of the game nowadays for ourselves. Not that I care a lot about other people impressions. It's always fun to read well-written reviews though.

foodfather said:

So what you're saying is that people that hate the concept of the game will buy the game that they hate the concept of and then give it a zero because they hate the concept. 

Legit logic right here.

SWORDF1SH said:

So what you're saying is that people that hate the concept of the game will buy the game that they hate the concept of and then give it a zero because they hate the concept. 

Legit logic right here.

Yep. The problem is... what you said happens XD. That's why I don't trust user scores. Some people have bought the game because of the hype, without knowing a lot of it. Then instead of making a factual analysis, or saying: "It's not for me", they say: "it's shit". That's the Internet for you :P. I'm sure that the game will not be widely loved, but a 0 is a game that doesn't even work in my book. 

I think the game looks astonishing, but I can see that it's not for everyone. Hype might hurt the game, if you ask me.