By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Would you f&#%...date, a transgender woman? Man? After full "transformation"?

NO!! A man that gets a sex change is still a man and can never change that Who can change their DNA?

Around the Network
lionpetercarmoo said:
melbye said:
1. No
2. No, don't do one night stands and i want biological children
3. No
4. Needs more reflection
5. No
6. Anybody who says no is a liar
7. No

Naw we just aren't gay.

Was gonna say the same thing. Lol. Just because you question your sexuality doesn't mean everyone else does. Don't push your shit on us.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
lionpetercarmoo said:

Naw we just aren't gay.

Was gonna say the same thing. Lol. Just because you question your sexuality doesn't mean everyone else does. Don't push your shit on us.

Now questioning your sexuality is some kind of shit?

Most people question their sexuality in early ages, most people don't feel a clear atrtaction or repulsion for any of both genders untile they grow a bit, this is a psycological fact, that doesn't mean they are gay, and there is nothing wrong about it, in fact,  the more simpleton you are the less you are gonna question things like that, not something to be proud of.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Considering nobody can ever change their sex fully, no, I wouldn't. A man can never had a real, fully functional vagina. He's always going to be genetically a male no matter how much he mutilates his body. Being that I'm heterosexual, I wouldn't be into a man.

It's not necessarily a given that there are two di-polar opposite genders, never the twain shall meet.  There are people who for all appearances appear to be male, but don't have a Y chromosome.  Ditto there are people who appear to have female sexual parts, but do have a Y chromosome.  There are children born that appear to have elements associated with men, and elements associated with women, and the doctors and families together have to make a decision on whether the child is going to be called a boy or a girl, and what surgeries (if any) are required to support that decision (and these arbitrary decisions can have major ramifications for the child's life).

Lke you, I'm a hetero male.  But the science is the science.  There's evidence of a gender spectrum, and (for your interest) your perspective appears to be at odds with that science.

Ljink96 said:

[...]Let it be known that I have nothing against Transgenders. I just can't empathize with certain aspects about them.

Care to elaborate?  This sounds a bit like "Some of my best friends are black/jewish/<fill-in-minority-group-here>."  But if that's not what you're saying, I would be happy to understand what you are.

Around the Network
Donutsticks said:
NO!! A man that gets a sex change is still a man and can never change that Who can change their DNA?

The question then becomes what defines a "man" genetically?  A Y chromosome?  If so, you'd be in for a bit of a shock.  There are some people without Y chromosomes that appear to all the world to be a man (and were born that way, I'm not talking about transgendered individuals).  There isn't enough understanding yet about gender, and the more that science looks into it the more there appears to be a gender spectrum.

John2290 said:

[...]Feel free to throw in your opinion even if you don't care for the little quiz.

Pax.

I'm going to offer a slightly different take on things, one that's people seem to find falls somewhere between thought-provoking and controversial (or both).

I'm a man.  I guess?  I don't know whether I have a Y chromosome or not, but I appear to have the parts that are associated with male sexuality, I have body hair in the places men tend to have it, etc.

Some times I'm told that I'm pretty masculine.  Sometimes I've told that I'm pretty nurturing and feminine.  You have to be feminine to be nurturing apparently, which I don't get/understand/believe in.  The point is, depending on the moment, and the observer, I appear to run the whole gamut of the human condition as regards gender stereotypes.

The part I struggle with is someone saying they're a woman trapped in a man's body, or vice-versa.  How is that possible, I ask myself?  I don't feel like a man trapped in a man's body.  I don't have a "Man Cave".  I don't "hang out with the guys".  I have male friends and female friends.  I have strong and powerful female friends, and loving and nurturing male friends.  It seems to me that someone who believes they're a woman trapped in a man's body (or vice-versa) is making some assumptions about what defines a man's personality, or a woman's, that I don't ascribe to.  And these assumptions are actually pretty bizarre, teetering towards hurtful, as they seem to be based in stereotypes rather than in an openness towards both men and women each being capable of the full range of human intellect and emotion.

I fully accept transgendered people.  If you feel a compulsion like that, who am I to tell you not to?  But I don't get it, not even slightly.  Because I believe a woman, or a man, can embrace every emotional and intellectual state humans are capable of.  So how can it be that your brain is the "wrong" gender when female and male brains are both capable of all of the above?  It doesn't grok for me.

scrapking said:
Ljink96 said:

[...]Let it be known that I have nothing against Transgenders. I just can't empathize with certain aspects about them.

Care to elaborate?  This sounds a bit like "Some of my best friends are black/jewish/."  But if that's not what you're saying, I would be happy to understand what you are.

What do you mean by that?

scrapking said:

The part I struggle with is someone saying they're a woman trapped in a man's body, or vice-versa.  How is that possible, I ask myself?  I don't feel like a man trapped in a man's body.  I don't have a "Man Cave".  I don't "hang out with the guys".  I have male friends and female friends.  I have strong and powerful female friends, and loving and nurturing male friends.  It seems to me that someone who believes they're a woman trapped in a man's body (or vice-versa) is making some assumptions about what defines a man's personality, or a woman's, that I don't ascribe to.  And these assumptions are actually pretty bizarre, teetering towards hurtful, as they seem to be based in stereotypes rather than in an openness towards both men and women each being capable of the full range of human intellect and emotion.

And you were gonna talk about science. Heh. *smirk*
Lolol joking aside, the current theory on this is that your brain has a blueprint in it to look at, so you feel comfortable with your body. For example, the blueprint says that you have two arms and two legs, and roughly tells you how they are "supposed" to work. This is why you can feel pain in a limb you've lost (phantom pain, I think its called?), because your body is still looking at that blueprint and expecting there to be a limb. Its this blueprint that has been mixed up, and your "male" brain (or simply, male blueprint, not the entire brain) is expecting a penis, but your female body does not have one. So you feel weird.

Simplified explanation, no sources, but yeah. That's what I've read. :)

Lots of trans people often become very stereotypical versions of their new/intended/real gender after the transition, and yeah, that's a bit odd to me as well.

I have a friend who said this: "There are no trans people, its just confused guys who want to wear dresses and stuff, and need an excuse to be accepted in society (and same thing for women but with other examples)." I think thats wrong. Then again, who REALLY knows? Life is complicated.

Ljink96 said:

What do you mean by that?

What I mean is that I don't know what you meant when you said that you "have nothing against Transgenders" yet you "just can't empathize with certain aspects about them."  Why can't you empathize with a human being based on their sexual identiy?  What "certain aspects" are the problem?  Your comments are mysterious and confusing to me.