By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could the NES Classic be an failed first NX production?

Could the NES Classic use obsolete NX Chips?

Yeah, looks possible 11 10.68%

Nope, I doubt this to be true 90 87.38%

Results 2 1.94%

Total:103

Hmmmm.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I highly doubt it.

No it is probably the remaining Wii-chips that was never made into Wii-consoles

I'm not gonna even bother the logic that went behind that statement...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Darwinianevolution said:
But isn't the NES Classic nothing but a box with a NES emulator and a couple of roms? That technology is laughably easy at this point in time, I'm sure they didn't spend nothing serious on it.

Their hardware department probably had the idea ready to go for a while and Nintendo finally pulled the trigger on it when they realized they wouldn't be able to launch the NX during the holidays and needed something to help fill the gap.

Around the Network

Holy crap. Do people have no idea what it takes to make a video game console? How on earth could someone actually think that the NES Classic could possibly be made of failed parts of a console in development? That doesn't compute at all.

No. Definitely not. There's a 0% chance this is the case unless the NX turns out to be a new redesign of the NES. The two consoles with have almost nothing in common hardware wise.

As others have said they've probably had this design (and likely similar ones for the SNES, N64 etc) designed for years now, just waiting for a good time to announce and release them.

That makes so much sense, OP! I feel so much smarter......... not.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It is just Nintendo tired of people profiting out of famiclones.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

The Tegra X1 is way way too powerful there is no need in a NES Emulator. Its like putting a Rocket Engine into a VW Beetle. Unspeakable overkill. There is exactly zero reasons to do it. You can emulate NES on hardware that costs under 1 dollar.

You can emulate a NES on a Gameboy Advance.