By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo what do you want? Outdated hardware? or 3rd Party games? CANT have both!

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

According to Nintendo's quarterly earnings, 3DS+Wii U have about 600 retail titles, when including digital titles that number is over 1000.

Keep in mind that if the rumors are true, NX is a successor to both 3DS & Wii U so if it can retain most of the support that those 2 devices had than thats a platform with over 1000 games.

You are such a failure.

"Because it's the only one that plays the best games."

im sorry rol, how can i ever redeem myself?

but i was just trying to dispute his statement that NX would have the least amount of games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I would need to see the specs here.

If it can run PS4/XB1 ports on the go, even at a reduced resolution like 960x540 ... it probably actually will have the best third party support since the Super NES or GameCube.

I could see things like the mainline Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, and Resident Evil games returning and no Nintendo console has had that since the SNES days (well RE wasn't around back then). That's if the machine can handle ports of those games.

For Japanese devs this is a big deal because they've never had a system that could handle modern gen games but be a portable machine (which is what Japanese consumers love), so for the first time many Japanese titles that weren't possible on portable now could be.

Western support I think will be more of a mixed bag, but I don't think it's out of the question to get Western support similar to what the Wii U had for a couple of years .... which means some big Western devs like Ubi Soft and and Activision are willing to support, while others like Take 2/Rockstar and maybe EA are not willing to support it.

If NX runs Android there's also a lot of Android apps like Final Fantasy VII and Dragon Quest games and Real Racing that I certainly wouldn't mind being able to play with real controls. And lots of indie games should be on the system too.

COKTOE said:
melbye said:
Why do i need two consoles that play the same games?

Why would somebody need one console that plays the least amount of games?

Anyone who doesn't own a PS4 or xbone or even a capable PC by now aren't interested in 3rd party games anyways, who the hell sits around waiting for Nintendo to catch up.

Soundwave said:

I would need to see the specs here.

If it can run PS4/XB1 ports on the go, even at a reduced resolution like 960x540 ... it probably actually will have the best third party support since the Super NES or GameCube.

I could see things like the mainline Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, and Resident Evil games returning and no Nintendo console has had that since the SNES days (well RE wasn't around back then). That's if the machine can handle ports of those games.

For Japanese devs this is a big deal because they've never had a system that could handle modern gen games but be a portable machine (which is what Japanese consumers love), so for the first time many Japanese titles that weren't possible on portable now could be.

Western support I think will be more of a mixed bag, but I don't think it's out of the question to get Western support similar to what the Wii U had for a couple of years .... which means some big Western devs like Ubi Soft and and Activision are willing to support, while others like Take 2/Rockstar and maybe EA are not willing to support it.

If NX runs Android there's also a lot of Android apps like Final Fantasy VII and Dragon Quest games and Real Racing that I certainly wouldn't mind being able to play with real controls. And lots of indie games should be on the system too.

Ya Japanese devs will love this device and considering that most Japanese PS4 games are also on PS3 or Vita, there is no reason why they wouldnt be able to release those games on NX.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

vivster said:

I don't think they ever wanted 3rd parties, so there's that.

THis-  I agree.  Nintendo does not care to have much 3rd party support-  they are not goig to do much to atract it except on a game by game basis- 

If they were ever going to make a real effort to get 3rd party support it would have been w the Wii U when they were having trouble making games for it and continued to have long droughts-  If they did not push for it then i don t see them doing so now

Around the Network

Look at the 3ds and vita, tons of 3rd party support even though they are wayyy weaker than even the wii u. Nintendo just needs to attract all the devs that supported the 3ds

collint0101 said:
Look at the 3ds and vita, tons of 3rd party support even though they are wayyy weaker than even the wii u. Nintendo just needs to attract all the devs that supported the 3ds

exactly, power is not the only factor that developers consider.

Goodnightmoon said:

That's why 3DS had no third parties.
Oh wait.

And why the Wii had absolutely no 3rd party either on it's horrible 729mhz cpu... not that we even know anything about the NX specs of course, definitely not enough to have an OP filled with Caps like we have here.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Nintendo's never going to be the choice for fans of IPs like Grand Theft Auto, but they could if they play their cards right be the home to all the top Japanese IP IMO. Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Resident Evil ... that should be their focus.

They should try to get a new Street Fighter game, one that's more of a throw back to SF2 if they're going to do the whole portable console because it brings a mini-arcade feel to the platform.

I don't care about 3rd parties anymore, they have , for a better word, f**ked us Nintendo fans over trice or more atleast since 1999.

If I want their games I'll buy it cheap from the bin or steam.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints