By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo what do you want? Outdated hardware? or 3rd Party games? CANT have both!

We all know Nintendo desperatly wants 3rd party support back on their system... But they keep making outdated hardware for their consoles/hardware.  So what's the logic in that?? Nintendo YES you can have 3rd party support on outdated hardware BUT THE GAMES ARE GOING TO BE WATERED OUT AND RUN POORLY BECAUSE OF YOUR POORLY DECISION TO MAKE A POORLY POWERED CONSOLE. Back in 2012 I bought EVERY 3rd party game on the Wii U. Assassin's Creed 3, Black Ops 2 ect ect. and I had the blast with the Wii U! I was updated with all the 3rd party games and I barely played my PS3 because of this. But since the more powerful truly next gen consoles came out, the Wii U suffered because it wasn't powerful enough. And i bought a proper next gen system. 

I'm not saying graphics are everything but I'm saying updated hardware is NEEDED to gain full 3rd party games. What was Nintendo thinking? Just because Mario is 720p(which is outdated resolution) means its going to be successful?... Just because the Wii had success and the Wii U was gonna follow? 

I'm not a graphics person at al,l I'm all about content. But I CAN'T get 3rd party content BECAUSE of Nintendo's decision on making a outdated console. 

YOU CANT HAVE BOTH NINTENDO! EITHER MAKE AN UPDATED HARDWARE CONSOLE AND HAVE 3RD PARTY SUPPORT OR MAKE ANOTHER OUTDATED HARDWARE CONSOLE AND NOT HAVE 3RD PARTY SUPPORT. CHOOSE!    

Around the Network

Are the capitals necessary?

Also, we don't know anything about the NX. It's all rumours and nonsense currently. They have a new president who seems like he has a good idea on how to run Nintendo.

Perhaps they'll make a powerful console so all the graphics whores can shut up for once.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I don't think they ever wanted 3rd parties, so there's that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well... Considering the NX is a handheld if the rumors from Eurogamer are true, I would say they got the hardware part covered. And Handhelds always had great third party support, just look at the 3ds and Vita. Heck, where would the 3ds/vita devs go after the 3ds/vita? Sure it won't have much western third party support but as long as they price it around $200, I don't think there should be too much of an issue as far as games go.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Why would Nintendo want third party games? People can already buy them on Xbox, Playstation or PC.

Around the Network

Who says they desperately want 3rd party support? I'm sure they would like 3rd party support, but not at the expense of their own ideals.

As if they would get many 3rd party games if they had very powerful hardware. Come on, dude.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Yes, they can have both, when combined 3DS & Wii U have strong 3rd party support and the primary focus of NX is to combine the support and userbase of Nintendo handhelds & consoles.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'm glad Nintendo doesn't kiss third party developers' asses. This is THEIR system, not third parties'. They're going to make it the way THEY want it, not some other companies who aren't even affiliated with them. And, well, I respect that.

The only 3rd party games I like are indie games and most of them don't require high end hardware so yes, I get to have 'both'.