By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Suicide Squad: 750 - 800 Million needed to break even?

GameAnalyser said:

So it crossed the 700 M mark finally and still counting, What a ride so far! I'm just wondering how much of a difference that would have been with China onboard. Definitely would have topped GOTG. This is a good sign for DCEU, proving the fanbase from worldwide is equally impressive.

Not yet it still needs 600K more to do so.  If you subtract China's numbers from GOTG box office total Sucide Squad has already made more money then it world wide. 

Around the Network

I'm happy. I know a lot of people are mad about a DC/WB film being a success (look at that other thread that was created saying they were happy it's lagging behind BvS... I'm not even going to respond). I know the film could have been better.

But, at the end of the day, WB doesn't like poorly reviewed/received movies. BvS only made $872 million because critics smashed it AND because the theaterical version was all over the place (the Ultimate Edition was much more coherent). They responded by taking Zack Snyder off as the confirmed director for JL2, brought in so many big name producers to help with JL and also promoted Geoff Johns as the ultimate overseer. Will it all work? We'll see. But good for Suicide Squad. This means the DC universe will keep pushing ahead for now.

Chris Hu said:
GameAnalyser said:

So it crossed the 700 M mark finally and still counting, What a ride so far! I'm just wondering how much of a difference that would have been with China onboard. Definitely would have topped GOTG. This is a good sign for DCEU, proving the fanbase from worldwide is equally impressive.

Not yet it still needs 600K more to do so.  If you subtract China's numbers from GOTG box office total Sucide Squad has already made more money then it world wide. 

Actually BO mojo puts the estimates showing about the same but not yet tallied in as on a monday. I just based my comment on what Ayer tweeted around the early hours this morning. He has mentioned crossing 700 M. So we can take that as a legitimate.

GameAnalyser said:
Chris Hu said:

Actually BO mojo puts the estimates showing about the same but not yet tallied in as on a monday. I just based my comment on what Ayer tweeted around the early hours this morning. He has mentioned crossing 700 M. So we can take that as a legitimate.

Yeah its over 700 million now it got adjusted up.  Even though it doesn't make a lot on a daily basis anymore it will still easily pass two other superhero movies box office totals The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Chris Hu said:
GameAnalyser said:

Yeah its over 700 million now it got adjusted up.  Even though it doesn't make a lot on a daily basis anymore it will still easily pass two other superhero movies box office totals The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

surpassed Winter Soldier worldwide...next up is BvS domestic. Serious legs than expected.

Around the Network

The movie has now passed Civil War in Australia.

Watching BvS on 4K disc has made me realize the movie is indeed pretty shitty, lol.

Lex Luthor in particular.

It's still entertaining in a "it's a giant trainwreck" sort of way, but WB will have to step up its game for future DC movies, they got by this year on can't miss marketing mostly.

Soundwave said:
Watching BvS on 4K disc has made me realize the movie is indeed pretty shitty, lol.

It's still entertaining in a "it's a giant trainwreck" sort of way, but WB will have to step up its game for future DC movies, they got by this year on can't miss marketing mostly.

So the marketing explains the legs on SS?

Lawlight said:
Soundwave said:

The movies releasing (or not releasing) all the weeks after SS explain it mostly

crissindahouse said:
Lawlight said:

The movies releasing (or not releasing) all the weeks after SS explain it mostly

Plenty of movies got released during that time. None of them had legs like SS. Not even Don't Breathe.