By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Suicide Squad: 750 - 800 Million needed to break even?

GameAnalyser said:
Chris Hu said:

Because that number doesn't include its marketing budget which is probably close to $200 million also.

No Hollywood reporter places budget reaching close to 300+( rebates+incentives+marketing cost included). Yours is highly inflated. It has to reach 650M only to break even.

Yeah, spending more on marketing then the actual production buget on a movie that cost that much seems kinda ridiciulous so a little more then 300 million plus total seems more resonable.  Anyway it making at least 700 million plus is pretty much guranteed now it is 36 million dollars ahead of where I thought it would be by now.  Speaking of 700 million, The Secret Life of Pets crossed the 700 million mark this weekend.

Around the Network

Looks like the movie won't pass the $700M. I was right - $650M-$675M.

Lawlight said:

It Will break the 700mi it still has to open in Japan and will poket 25 - 30 in America.

Dark_Feanor said:
Lawlight said:

It Will break the 700mi it still has to open in Japan and will poket 25 - 30 in America.

Ya it might break 700 million in the end, if it can net a decent amount from Japan.

It will probably do well. People seem to love these uninspired superhero movies for some reason. Cant really expect much from Hollywood these days, the place where originality goes to die and former wrestler The Rock is now the highest paid actor...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
It will probably do well. People seem to love these uninspired superhero movies for some reason. Cant really expect much from Hollywood these days, the place where originality goes to die and former wrestler The Rock is now the highest paid actor...

That cant be real.... you made that up right?

*edit:  Googled.... wow..... just wow.

It'll be passing $650 million this weekend.
It's still only in week 4. It has a little ways to go. Japan will have a release as well. Latest estimates from Scott Mendelson on Forbes and Gitesh on Box Office Guru are suggesting this movie surpasses $700 million by the end of its run. And both have already considered this movie a major success, not debating whether it's a good movie or not. Strictly speaking box office, this movie was a success at $600 million. 

Okie_Loki said:

It'll be passing $650 million this weekend.
It's still only in week 4. It has a little ways to go. Japan will have a release as well. Latest estimates from Scott Mendelson on Forbes and Gitesh on Box Office Guru are suggesting this movie surpasses $700 million by the end of its run. And both have already considered this movie a major success, not debating whether it's a good movie or not. Strictly speaking box office, this movie was a success at $600 million. 

Week 5, not 4.

Its at $672 million world wide now it will easily make over $700 million dollars now should pass the $700 million dollar mark in two or three weeks. Still has a decent chance of making more domestically then Guardians of the Galaxy also.

The film was a great box office success.

However I have doubts the second film will do anywhere near as well.