By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can No Mans Sky be game of the year?

My guess is No.

I think it will match up with the few other games this gen that weren't just disliked but actively hated on the interwebs.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network

Not in the same year that Legion releases.

No chance.

I think it will get around 80% Metacritic, perhaps 79% or 82% at best.

Sometimes a super hit appears from where we don't expect it, but No Man's Sky doesn't look like it.

I don't know why this game is so hyped, although I personally should like it since it has a huge open world and sort of random (procedural) content. What's the name for the typs of encounter in game design turms? I forgit it.

I wonder if people are gonna talk about it all here on VGC in less than two monfs.

Nah. GotY winners (majority winners that is) are pretty easy to predict really. DA: Inquisition was the obvious pick two years ago, Witcher 3 last year, this year the only way FFXV doesn't win it is if the game just turns out to be a huge dud. If that happens it'll probably be Uncharted 4 or Dishonored 2

It certainly won't have universal acclaim.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

if its good. sure :)

Nope, the delays will prevent it from beeing Game of the Year...

From what's been shown, no. Not a chance. Not with big games like Overwatch, Uncharted, Gears, and Dishonored around.

It'll be a little difficult for it to win when it has to go against Uncharted 4, FF15, and Overwatch. It'll likely get some rewards.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm not sure until I get my hands on it. People can't definitely say not a chance anyway. I'm really curious how reviewers respond to it.