By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Olympics Rio 2016 thread - USA Get Most Golds, 2nd GB, 3rd China

Tagged games:

vivster said:
Mr.Playstation said:

My country won't win any medals but hopefully we'll get close in the men's double trap event - Malta

Sorry all trap placements go to Japan and Thailand. They always go.

In the last Olympics Great Britain, Sweden and Russia placed in the top 3  in the double trap event so...

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
The Fury said:
AZWification said:

I'm here just to say that Brazil's yesterday perfomance cured my insomnia.

Haha, yeah. Hopefully they can do well in this, with players like Neymar playing, they might do. After the heartache that was the World Cup obviously.

After 3 failed tournaments I kinda feel bad for Brazil. I kinda hope they actually win something this time around! They need to play better than yesterday of course.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Mr.Playstation said:
vivster said:

Sorry all trap placements go to Japan and Thailand. They always go.

In the last Olympics Great Britain, Sweden and Russia placed in the top 3  in the double trap event so...

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Looking forward to it, I never miss the cycling as I love it and will try to watch as much other stuff as I can, I just avoid track events since they bore me but most other stuff I enjoy.

This is the first Olympic game where Rock Climbing will be a featured, isn't it ? If that's the case I'm really looking forward to that competition. Italy only wins golds in lame sports like fencing, archery and clay pigeon shooting, at least I heard that we have some good male swimmers this time, it's kinda sad to see our womans winning so many medals in that category and man getting wrecked. Also of course I'm looking forward to see what Bolt does...

Edit: also I'm really curious to see what countries will win an unexpected ammount of medals due to Russia beeing out of the competition, I'd laugh so much if say Ukraine made it to the top 10...

Around the Network
vivster said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Second time this week already :(. I'm just really bad at this...

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Luke888 said:

This is the first Olympic game where Rock Climbing will be a featured, isn't it ? If that's the case I'm really looking forward to that competition. Italy only wins golds in lame sports like fencing, archery and clay pigeon shooting, at least I heard that we have some good male swimmers this time, it's kinda sad to see our womans winning so many medals in that category and man getting wrecked. Also of course I'm looking forward to see what Bolt does...

Edit: also I'm really curious to see what countries will win an unexpected ammount of medals due to Russia beeing out of the competition, I'd laugh so much if say Ukraine made it to the top 10...

Sport climbing has been approved for 2020 (Japan... you know when Akira will happen), not this one I'm afraid. But then again, climbing, surfing and others have been approved but still not squash... so weird.

Without the Russian Athletics, it's wide open for some events there, and take a good 5-6 golds from their total.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Luke888 said:

Sport climbing has been approved for 2020 (Japan... you know when Akira will happen), not this one I'm afraid. But then again, climbing, surfing and others have been approved but still not squash... so weird.

Without the Russian Athletics, it's wide open for some events there, and take a good 5-6 golds from their total.

What a shame, I'm waiting for climbing to be added since 2012 when it was supposedly accepted, this sports are also some of the most entrataing there are ! I can't stand watching two chinese guys playing Ping Pong for 9 hours...

Luke888 said:

What a shame, I'm waiting for climbing to be added since 2012 when it was supposedly accepted, this sports are also some of the most entrataing there are ! I can't stand watching two chinese guys playing Ping Pong for 9 hours...

Luck for you, there are many events on during the Olympics besides Table Tennis. Why not try watching the Women's Beach volley ball which runs at the same time as Table Tennis?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Luke888 said:

Luck for you, there are many events on during the Olympics besides Table Tennis. Why not try watching the Women's Beach volley ball which runs at the same time as Table Tennis?

It was just an example to say that classic sports are starting to be bland to follow at the Olympics, plus my brother is big into Table Tennis so he's gona monopolize the TV to follow the whole event, RIP DOAE3 IRL :'''c