By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Olympics Rio 2016 thread - USA Get Most Golds, 2nd GB, 3rd China

Tagged games:

Opening is odd so far as usually the athletes walk around to appear to everyone... why are they just shoving them in? But it's as expected, a carnival.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I'm glad it's going fast.
Londres was a painfully long walk.

BraLoD said:
I'm glad it's going fast.
Londres was a painfully long walk.

True, a fair point. With more countries entering too, some with but a few athletes, it can take some time. They've only just got to Cyprus. :P

Hmm, pie.

Really enjoy watching the olympics. I'm free for a few weeks so I'm gonna try watching as many events as I can.

The opening ceremony isn't too bad so far. The London ceremony wasn't that interesting either. Nothing beats Beijing's opening ceremony.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Who has the most medals so far? Germany?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Everybody is tied at first!... And last.

I loved the opening ceremony. It was so beautiful, so different, so varied. *-*

Pumped for tomorrow! It's finally going to start!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Rai (Italy's official TV broadcaster) messed up big time with the Olympics this year, not only they made it so that Olympics were only shown on their 2nd channel, which is known to have extremely low budgets across the line, but they also chose some of the worst commentors I've ever heard, moreover they decided to put ads here and there during the entering ceremony of the athletes, I fell asleep around letter Q at about 3:30 AM...

The opening ceremony at least before I fell asleep (I'll have to watch the last part later) was really good, It lacked the humor of the Queen jumping off the helicopter or Beckam arriving on a boat to the Stadium but I really liked how they aknowledged Favelas and the whole seed planting message.

BraLoD said:
spurgeonryan said:

Everybody is tied at first!... And last.

These Olympic Games are really disappointing so far.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Watching the bike race at the moment, obviously this isn't the same as Le Tour as there is less team play so Froome isn't likely to win.

First medal has been awarded in Women's 10m Air Rifle Shooting. An American won. I'll put a medal table in the OP.

Hmm, pie.