By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Olympics Rio 2016 thread - USA Get Most Golds, 2nd GB, 3rd China

Tagged games:

Yay, finally a sporting event where we Dutch can cheer about something again!

Around the Network

Wrestling, track stuff (spriting), gymnastics (male and female), high jumps, vaults...

Lots of fun stuff to watch.

The Olympics should not contain events where winning the Olympics is not the pinnacle of that sport.

Football, tennis, golf, non track cycling, etc etc have no place in the olympics. Don't get me started on artistic/subjective events...

I'm not really here!

Be watching the weightlifting, cheer for United States, but also one of my favorites, Spaniard Lidia Valentine

Nymeria said:
Be watching the weightlifting, cheer for United States, but also one of my favorites, Spaniard Lidia Valentine

Hot.

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:

Hot.

Compete's in Women's 75kg which is the 12th of August.

After 5th in 2008 and 4th in 2012 I think this is her year to get on the podium.

Tagged, but I am not watching for the atheletes.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

BraLoD said:
I'm expecting Brazil to do better than it usually does, but that's still not much XP

Yeah, people here are really too optmistic.  6-7 gold medal and 30 total at best.

I have a bad feeling about the opening ceremony.......too many clichés and some of the worse musical acts we could have....

Rogerioandrade said:
BraLoD said:
I'm expecting Brazil to do better than it usually does, but that's still not much XP

Yeah, people here are really too optmistic.  6-7 gold medal and 30 total at best.

I have a bad feeling about the opening ceremony.......too many clichés and some of the worse musical acts we could have....

Nobody gives a shit about the opening anyway, the good part are the sports XD
I'm having lots of bad feelings about those sea sports.

FIT_Gamer said:
When do gymnastic events start? Too lazy to look it up.

Today for 6 days, then a small break then team events.

kowenicki said:

The Olympics should not contain events where winning the Olympics is not the pinnacle of that sport.

Football, tennis, golf, non track cycling, etc etc have no place in the olympics. Don't get me started on artistic/subjective events...

I completely agree. It's odd as they have special rules for football about age in that because it's not the biggest. Boxing is an odd one, pros aren't in it, getting Boxing gold is like a kick starter to your career.

Remove football, tennis, golf, road cycling I'm fine with as the biggest event (Le Tour) is very team based and less about what your country can produce like other sports.

Hmm, pie.