By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MCV: NX Graphics In Between A PS3 And PS4

I'm starting to wonder what version of DQXI will the NX get. If it's not much mre powerful than the WiiU then it might get the 3DS version.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

looks like the NX is what the Vita tried to become. I don't see Nintendo gaining a foothold in the current home console market, but the handheld is where their main strength are at the moment.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Nem said:

I have a major problem with the part that goes "for no additional (perceived) cost". How on hell do you pull that one off? There is no way to pull that off unless this dock is mostly a piece of plastic with no big expensive electronics in it. You also put alot of emphasys on the logistics, but logistics are a part of marketing meant to place the product. Logistics don't determine the product development. 

Aside from that we seem to be in the same ballpark. I do wish you would stop with the respect comments. I don't think either of us cares deeply what another person in the internet thinks of us. Its a message board. We debate and comment ideas, lets stick to that.

As of the current rumors, the shell is exactly that. A piece of plastic with no expensive electronics on it. From this rumor, the shell is used to transfer the video to the television. If that is the case, it would cost just about nothing to produce and should not raise the cost of the console at all. The latter half of your first paragraph I do not follow so I cannot adequately reply to it.

I only go back and forth with people I respect. I will not go on and on with someone that I do not respect. No, I do not care about you, but if you post things I do not respect; rather than argue/debate/engage with a reply, I would simply ignore you. If you have not seen my posting habits, I rarely post. I come here almost daily but only post when I feel there is a true need for my post. Otherwise, I do not waste my time.

Fair enough. If its just a piece of inexpensive plastic, then i don't see why not bundle it either. I think the other poster that jugested a different pricing scheme without it is assuming it will be a pice of relatively expensive electronics and why he rhinks it should be sold separatly. If it is something expensive i do think it should be sold seperatly. If its not then i don't see a problem. Aslong as it doesn't drive the price up significantly it shouldn't be a problem.

This is going to be an absolute money losing disaster. Nintendo are trying too hard to regain former glories.

Given this seems more like a portable that connects to the TV then a actual console, I don't think it is a bad idea to limit its power rather then trying to outgun PS4 or the future more powerful iterations of the PS4 and Xbox One.

The problem will lie in how they are going to present it. Hopefully the nonsense about detachable controllers is just that. I can't see anyone in their right mind thinking that will work, especially given how it would limit potential controller buttons. The NX as a portable that can play games on the tv has potential but only if they choose the right form factor. The lower abilities will make it attractive to more indie and smaller Japanese publishers which have been the only Nintendo third party support it has gotten in years and in truth may just be enough to win over Japan given the state of its console market. However to thrive they will need to think about how to appeal to gamers that aren't already 3DS/Wii U owners and tap into people that haven't given a portable a shot in years.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
This better not be the specs for an NX console. Nintendo get your shit together!!

This is the console. That's the idea, it's both. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Soundwave said:

Even still it needs a shitload more power than that! Other wise third parties are gonna take one look at it and say "Pfft!", and go back to PlayStation.

If it can run PS4/XB1 ports at 960x540 on the road, it'll be fine. Will get a good amount of third party support specifically from Japan, probably will be the first Nintendo console since the SNES to have proper Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest (DQX being online doesn't count) games and the first to have a mainline Kingdom Hearts game. 

ManUtdFan said:
This is going to be an absolute money losing disaster.

Based on?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

CaptainExplosion said:
Soundwave said:

Even still it needs a shitload more power than that! Other wise third parties are gonna take one look at it and say "Pfft!", and go back to PlayStation.

I understand what has happened here. You are not looking at this console as a hand held.

Nintendo would not get great home console support from third party developers if this was a home console, you are correct. Third-party developers would say, "why bother? XBOX One/Scorpio and PS4/Neo are far more capable" and they would be correct in doing so. But as a hand held, Nintendo will get the same type of third party support their (much) weaker (by comparison to these rumors) 3DS gets. The third-party support on 3DS has been outstanding. Nobody can deny that. The next entry to the Monster Hunter series, the Bravery titles, Pokemon mainline titles, and even game franchises like Animal Crossing (which seems to be going in the all portable direction) are going to go on the next Nintendo hand held. This console is that hand held.

No, it will not get the big time, home console, third party support. Nobody should expect that from a console using mobile technology. But I do not think (if these rumors are true) this console is designed to get those titles. This console looks poised to be a continuation of the 3DS with the exception that you can now play those titles on your television. And from that prespective, it actually looks promising; if you enjoy hand held gaming.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
What i dont understand is some people here saying how cool it is that the portable will be so powerful, why didnt some of these same people care when PSV and P came out? Hell if we are being honest history has shown that powerful dedicated portable game systems dont exactly fly off the shelves so I dont see your regular consumer caring that much.

Power is a cool feature but it alone does not sell a device. Besides, PSP sold over 80 million, so kinda hard to say people didnt care about it.

As for Vita, it didnt fail because people dont like powerful handhelds. Take a look at the top 20 PSP games, most of those franchises didnt release on Vita.

Vita did not recieve Grand Theft Auto, Monster Hunter, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, God of War, Midnight Club, etc. Power doesnt mean much if the device doesnt have compelling software.

Also another big reason PSP sold so well was because it was pretty much the only legitimate mobile multimedia devices during its prime. By the time Vita released smartphones & tablets had become the go to mobile multimedia devices making that not such a strong selling point for Vita as it was for PSP.

True but it still sold a lot less than DS. My point is that power doesnt gaurantee sales especially if there is cheaper on the market that is good enough. Hell this is the first gen we've had where the most powerful system is on top (PS4)