By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Number one reason why you shouldn't vote for Trump

Number one reason I'm not voting for Trump

He is too orange 60 14.63%

He is a narcissist 29 7.07%

He tweets too damn much 6 1.46%

He is a con 30 7.32%

He doesn't know shit about foreign politics 88 21.46%

He only gets four hours of sleep 1 0.24%

He has small hands 39 9.51%

He rambles too much 3 0.73%

His plans are terrible 106 25.85%

other 48 11.71%

Total:410
Soundwave said:

Bill Clinton is the only president to balance a budget in like sixty years. I would say that gives Hilary some good insight to economics on a *government* scale (big difference from the private sector where you can run your own business how you please, that's not how being president works, you don't have your own board of directors blocking key decisions in business, in government you have Congress and the Senate to deal with, you can't say "you're fired" to congress). 

Balanced how and what ? Every year the national debt still increased under Bill Clinton's watch and FYI the inheritance of knowledge doesn't work like that through spouse relationships ... 

Soundwave said:

Trump is an automatic disqualification for me because he doesn't have the temperament to be in charge of nuclear weapons and second I don't believe in Republican prinicipals for the supreme court judges he would nominate.

I don't believe the government should have its nose in people's bedrooms or relationships, nor should they be throwing people in jail for marijunana offences (our jails are overcrowded as is), a Trump presidency means the looney tunes wing of the Republican party will get to instil judges on the supreme court and I fundamentally don't agree with those values.

Trump is entertaining, I'll give him that, I'll be happy to watch him on a reality TV show though. Don't need him as command in chief. 

He hasn't even been against same sex marriage or drugs thoughout his whole entire current campaign although that's not to say he prefers them ... 

Soundwave said:

Not to mention half of his main campaign goal posts (building a wall, deporting people, banning people on the basis of religious affiliation) are basically unconstitutional and he'll never be able to deliver on those as a result. Beyond that I don't believe he is capable of unifying the country or working with opposition, this is a guy who acts like a child and throws a tantrum when ever someone opposes him on anything. 

Deporting people or at least illegal aliens doesn't go against the constitution since they have no right to remain in the country so your wrong about that but your also wrong about the banning of muslim immigration being unconsititutional since it's allowed by the US Code without congresses approval to boot! 

You forget as well as Khizr Khan that the constitution isn't ideal towards immigrants when Chester A Arthur invoked the Chinese Exclusion Act ... 

Around the Network

No experience in politics.

fatslob-:O said:
Soundwave said:

Bill Clinton is the only president to balance a budget in like sixty years. I would say that gives Hilary some good insight to economics on a *government* scale (big difference from the private sector where you can run your own business how you please, that's not how being president works, you don't have your own board of directors blocking key decisions in business, in government you have Congress and the Senate to deal with, you can't say "you're fired" to congress). 

Balanced how and what ? Every year the national debt still increased under Bill Clinton's watch and FYI the inheritance of knowledge doesn't work like that through spouse relationships ... 

Soundwave said:

Trump is an automatic disqualification for me because he doesn't have the temperament to be in charge of nuclear weapons and second I don't believe in Republican prinicipals for the supreme court judges he would nominate.

I don't believe the government should have its nose in people's bedrooms or relationships, nor should they be throwing people in jail for marijunana offences (our jails are overcrowded as is), a Trump presidency means the looney tunes wing of the Republican party will get to instil judges on the supreme court and I fundamentally don't agree with those values.

Trump is entertaining, I'll give him that, I'll be happy to watch him on a reality TV show though. Don't need him as command in chief. 

He hasn't even been against same sex marriage or drugs thoughout his whole entire current campaign although that's not to say he prefers them ... 

Soundwave said:

Not to mention half of his main campaign goal posts (building a wall, deporting people, banning people on the basis of religious affiliation) are basically unconstitutional and he'll never be able to deliver on those as a result. Beyond that I don't believe he is capable of unifying the country or working with opposition, this is a guy who acts like a child and throws a tantrum when ever someone opposes him on anything. 

Deporting people or at least illegal aliens doesn't go against the constitution since they have no right to remain in the country so your wrong about that but your also wrong about the banning of muslim immigration being unconsititutional since it's allowed by the US Code without congresses approval to boot! 

You forget as well as Khizr Khan that the constitution isn't ideal towards immigrants when Chester A Arthur invoked the Chinese Exclusion Act ... 

I don't believe in the Republican platform, period. 

I don't believe in their social stances, period. They are a part of old people who are out of touch. I will not vote for a Republican candidate for that reason alone, because I do not want their choices for Supreme Court justices. 

Beyond that there are a multitude of reasons that Trump is a grossly unqualified blow hard. I just saw a poll where he polls 4th (lol) among 18-29 year olds, behind the two third party candidates even. 

Right now he can't even run a campaign properly, his surrogates are scrambling to cover for him, let alone a country. 

Soundwave said:

I don't believe in their social stances, period. They are a part of old people who are out of touch. I will not vote for a Republican candidate for that reason alone, because I do not want their choices for Supreme Court justices. 

Beyond that there are a multitude of reasons that Trump is a grossly unqualified blow hard. I just saw a poll where he polls 4th (lol) among 18-29 year olds, behind the two third party candidates even. 

Denying older people's say isn't an option in a democracy but I guess you'll learn that the hard way just like those that voted Bremain had all their hopes come crashing down that night and when you'll learn does not matter whether this coming election or after the election ... 

It is my belief that they demand the same amount of respect since they were the ones to first invest in this country so I don't mind having a few concessions if it means inheriting greatness with their legacy ... 

Trump being unpopular with the younger crowds won't mean much when they have a consistently much lower voter turnout ...

Soundwave said:

Denying older people's say isn't an option in a democracy but I guess you'll learn that the hard way just like those that voted Bremain had all their hopes come crashing down that night and when you'll learn does not matter whether this coming election or after the election ... 

It is my belief that they demand the same amount of respect since they were the ones to first invest in this country so I don't mind having a few concessions if it means inheriting greatness with their legacy ... 

Trump being unpopular with the younger crowds won't mean much when they have a consistently much lower voter turnout ...

He's losing with more than just young people, even though he gets slaughtered in the under 45 crowd something like 63 to 33. 

He is fortunate actually he is not running against an actual charismatic Democrat like a Bill Clinton or Barack Obama, or this would be a joke. 

Old people have a habit of dying, that's kinda their problem, relying on that voting bloc forever is not a smart strategy, though Trump right now has a multitude of issues. 

Bremain people just got lazy expecting a victory, the one great thing about Trump is he has mobilized the Democrats and enthusiasm against his candidacy with his high profile flubs, there is no lack of enthusiasm in the opposition to him whatsoever. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

He's losing with more than just young people, even though he gets slaughtered in the under 45 crowd something like 63 to 33. 

He is fortunate actually he is not running against an actual charismatic Democrat like a Bill Clinton or Barack Obama, or this would be a joke. 

Old people have a habit of dying, that's kinda their problem, relying on that voting bloc forever is not a smart strategy, though Trump right now has a multitude of issues. 

Bremain people just got lazy expecting a victory, the one great thing about Trump is he has mobilized the Democrats and enthusiasm against his candidacy with his high profile flubs, there is no lack of enthusiasm in the opposition to him whatsoever. 

Realize that the percentage of people between 20-44 (of voting age) are not the majority compared to people living 45+ and over ... 

Old people do have a habbit of dying but the powerful combination of retirement funds + advances in medical science will keep prolonging their existence in this world ... 

The Bremain got complacent, nothing and nothing less. What you say about Trump also applies to Clinton too when she basically spits on everyone with terrorist/immigration concerns, free trade, and other matters on foreign policy. She is denouncing at least 40% of the voting population and that's how Trump is getting serious grounds when you and the many others were discounting him before the primaries even started and I also bet most of you guys didn't envision him to be the the RNC's nominee so what's exactly stopping you guys from jinxing yourselves once more with him actually winning the election ? 

It's a case of elitism (Clinton) vs anti-elitism (Trump) ...

Soundwave said:

Realize that the percentage of people between 20-44 (of voting age) are not the majority compared to people living 45+ and over ... 

Old people do have a habbit of dying but the powerful combination of retirement funds + advances in medical science will keep prolonging their existence in this world ... 

The Bremain got complacent, nothing and nothing less. What you say about Trump also applies to Clinton too when she basically spits on everyone with terrorist/immigration concerns, free trade, and other matters on foreign policy. She is denouncing at least 40% of the voting population and that's how Trump is getting serious grounds when you and the many others were discounting him before the primaries even started and I also bet most of you guys didn't envision him to be the the RNC's nominee so what's exactly stopping you guys from jinxing yourselves once more with him actually winning the election ? 

It's a case of elitism (Clinton) vs anti-elitism (Trump) ...

lol, I do find the painting of Trump as a "non-elite" as hilarious, dude was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and lives in a gold plated apartment with a trophy wife and a 10-year-old son that occupies an entire floor of a hotel. Trump is the same elite circle as Clinton, hell he invited the Clintons to his razzle dazzle wedding 10 years ago. I just prefer Hilary's politics to the Donald's and I trust her temperment and experience 10x more. Now if it comes down to who would make a more entertaining reality TV show, sure I'd pick Trump, but this is the presidency not a reality TV show. 

The Republican party doesn't have a future if their voting block is basically going to be this generation of old people was my point. They cannot sustain themselves forever with dog whistle diet racism and bible thumpers. 

If Trump can scare enough people, maybe he can win, but right now, it doesn't look good for him. He is losing with college educated whites. He is losing with Hispanics obviously. He is losing with African Americans. He is losing with Asians. He loses with women. He needs a major terrorist attack to occur, probably multiple ones ,to get enough people terrified enough to turn this tide. Which is kind of a sad indictment of him as a candidate. Ronald Reagan he ain't. 

I'm going for the one who won't encourage and pursue legislation that will ban my personal property and send armored thugs with machine guns kicking my door down at 1 am and shoot me for defending myself and my property because a neighbor tattled on me after seeing me with a scary looking piece of black plastic.

That's the only thing that matters to me. No other current political issue has such consequences for disobedience as ignoring yet another anti gun law.

If Hillary gets elected and is successful in pushing another Clinton assault weapon ban, especially this time more comprehensive, with no sunset and no grandfathering, you can very well expect civil war in the US.

Am I worried about Trumps rhetoric? Nah.  Congress will kill most of his dumb ideas.

I've gotta go for who will be able to get the least done.  When government gets things done here, it just results in more rights being removed.  Gridlock is the only way to stall the destruction of whats left of this country.

Soundwave said:

lol, I do find the painting of Trump as a "non-elite" as hilarious, dude was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and lives in a gold plated apartment with a trophy wife and a 10-year-old son that occupies an entire floor of a hotel. Trump is the same elite circle as Clinton, hell he invited the Clintons to his razzle dazzle wedding 10 years ago. I just prefer Hilary's politics to the Donald's and I trust her temperment and experience 10x more. Now if it comes down to who would make a more entertaining reality TV show, sure I'd pick Trump, but this is the presidency not a reality TV show. 

The Republican party doesn't have a future if their voting block is basically going to be this generation of old people was my point. They cannot sustain themselves forever with dog whistle diet racism and bible thumpers. 

If Trump can scare enough people, maybe he can win, but right now, it doesn't look good for him. He is losing with college educated whites. He is losing with Hispanics obviously. He is losing with African Americans. He is losing with Asians. He loses with women. He needs a major terrorist attack to occur, probably multiple ones ,to get enough people terrified enough to turn this tide. Which is kind of a sad indictment of him as a candidate. Ronald Reagan he ain't. 

When it comes to assets he's pretty elite but people see it as a positive aspect to be rich but the same can't be said in politics when he doesn't collude with governments to their favour when he fully backed the Brexit so he's pretty anti-elite as far as being a politican goes ... (he's appealing to he lowest common denominator possible)

He dislikes the interests of the world or foreign governments and he also disapproves with the current national government so what more could you ask for being as anti-political as you could get ? 

Some people prefer Trump to Clinton since they view him with a higher amount of transparency, extreme nationalism, and heck he's bullet proof as far as corruption goes since he doesn't even work for the government both figuratively and literally speaking compared to Wikileaks who just keeps hammering Clinton and the DNC every side for it ...

I would say Trump's chances mostly depend on how angry people get with the government and terrorist attacks do factor in like you said whether domestic or foreign and their only going to keep proving him right as they keep happening since he's drawing in that very same anger the Brexit campaign had ... 

Soundwave said:

When it comes to assets he's pretty elite but people see it as a positive aspect to be rich but the same can't be said in politics when he doesn't collude with governments to their favour when he fully backed the Brexit so he's pretty anti-elite as far as being a politican goes ... (he's appealing to he lowest common denominator possible)

He dislikes the interests of the world or foreign governments and he also disapproves with the current national government so what more could you ask for being as anti-political as you could get ? 

Some people prefer Trump to Clinton since they view him with a higher amount of transparency, extreme nationalism, and heck he's bullet proof as far as corruption goes since he doesn't even work for the government both figuratively and literally speaking compared to Wikileaks who just keeps hammering Clinton and the DNC every side for it ...

I would say Trump's chances mostly depend on how angry people get with the government and terrorist attacks do factor in like you said whether domestic or foreign and their only going to keep proving him right as they keep happening since he's drawing in that very same anger the Brexit campaign had ... 

US demographics are not the same as the UK demographics. Brexit doesn't really tell you anything about the US. 

Trump seems to be in the pocket of Russian handlers from what I can see, after his multiple bankruptcies in the early 90s, US banks would not lend to him, a good deal of his funding comes from Russian oligarchs and his current campaign manager was a higher up to Yanacovich, the Russian-installed leader of Ukraine who got ousted out of power there. 

Trump's dislikes/likes seem to change on a weekly basis anyway. One week he is saying Japan should get nukes, the next week he is saying he never said that, etc. etc. etc. 

A leader that needs anger, fear, hatred, and xenophobia to fuel his political ambitions says a lot. History says a lot about those types of people too.