By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2016: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl LI

Who will win Super Bowl LI?

New England Patriots 51 47.66%

Kansas City Chiefs 3 2.80%

Pittsburgh Steelers 6 5.61%

Other (AFC) 3 2.80%

Dallas Cowboys 10 9.35%

Atlanta Falcons 15 14.02%

Seattle Seahawks 5 4.67%

Green Bay Packers 5 4.67%

Other (NFC) 4 3.74%

Scoreboard 5 4.67%

Total:107

So Jacoby Brissett's thumb is injured (some sources reporting a tear, some reporting a strain).

Who's ready for Julian Edelman, QB? Best career passer rating of any player in NFL history.

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
Arkaign Predicts:
HOU-NE LOL ARI-BUF 1 OAK-TEN 1 WAS-NYG 1
CLE-MIA 2 BAL-JAX 1 DET-GB 2 DEN-CIN 1
MIN-CAR 2 LA-TB 2 SF-SEA 2 NYJ-KC 2
SD-IND 2 PIT-PHI 1 CHI-DAL 2 ATL-NO 2 x 4

Risky whiskey

Changed from Rams to TB. This probably means Rams will win lol :D

MTZehvor said:
So Jacoby Brissett's thumb is injured (some sources reporting a tear, some reporting a strain).

Who's ready for Julian Edelman, QB? Best career passer rating of any player in NFL history.

Don't think its severe enough to keep him off the active list anyway it looks like Garoppolo will start which is pretty good since that will increase his trade value in the future.  Don't think they will keep both backup quaterbacks Brissett is slightly younger and still has more of a upside so I think they will keep him and trade or sign and trade (if he no longer is under contract) Garoppolo in the upcoming off season.

RolStoppable said:
HOU-NE 1 ARI-BUF 1 OAK-TEN 1 WAS-NYG 2
CLE-MIA 2 BAL-JAX 2 DET-GB 2 DEN-CIN 2
MIN-CAR 2 LA-TB 2 SF-SEA 2 NYJ-KC 1
SD-IND 1 PIT-PHI 1 CHI-DAL 2 ATL-NO ATL by 7

NobleTeam360 said:
RolStoppable said:
HOU-NE 1 ARI-BUF 1 OAK-TEN 1 WAS-NYG 2
CLE-MIA 2 BAL-JAX 1 DET-GB 2 DEN-CIN 2
SD-IND 1 PIT-PHI 1 CHI-DAL 2 ATL-NO ATL by 7

Nope, not picking the Jags this week. Changing it to the Ravens winning.

Around the Network
HOU-NE  2 ARI-BUF  1 OAK-TEN  1 WAS-NYG  2
CLE-MIA  2 BAL-JAX  1 DET-GB  2 DEN-CIN  2
MIN-CAR  2 LA-TB  2 SF-SEA  1 NYJ-KC  1
SD-IND  1 PIT-PHI  2 CHI-DAL  2 ATL-NO 1 by 7

HOU-NE 2 ARI-BUF 1 OAK-TEN 1 WAS-NYG 2
CLE-MIA 2 BAL-JAX 2 DET-GB 2 DEN-CIN 2
SD-IND 1 PIT-PHI 1 CHI-DAL 2 ATL-NO 1 by 7

Above & Beyond

Everybody counting the Titans out against the Raiders huh. Ok Lets hope the underdog effect comes into play here lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

That title xD

RolStoppable said:
This is going to be a bad Sunday. Almost hopeless in fantasy football, a week of NFL games that will leave me satisfied if I finish with the third-best record (I regret picking the Texans so much), and chapter 20 in Fire Emblem Fates Conquest is damn annoying.

One additional thing regarding TNF: If I had put more thought into it, I would not only have picked the Patriots (because Belichick almost always manages to come up with a good gameplan regardless of injuries), but also added their running back to my fantasy football team, because I was in dire need of one anyway because of an improbable start for Rawls (now listed as doubtful) and an imminent benching of Hill (the Bengals exclusively play against good defenses early in the season).

I just nabbed Christine Michael in my league.  Not playing him yet, but it is looking like he might have a chance to take the starting job.  Seahawks should start getting some good running lanes once ifedi comes back (hopefully next week).