By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2016: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl LI

Who will win Super Bowl LI?

New England Patriots 51 47.66%

Kansas City Chiefs 3 2.80%

Pittsburgh Steelers 6 5.61%

Other (AFC) 3 2.80%

Dallas Cowboys 10 9.35%

Atlanta Falcons 15 14.02%

Seattle Seahawks 5 4.67%

Green Bay Packers 5 4.67%

Other (NFC) 4 3.74%

Scoreboard 5 4.67%

Total:107

Draft Grade: A
Projected Record: 10-4
Projected finish: 2nd
88% chance of making the playoffs, 41.7% chance of making the Championship, 18.1% chance of winning the Championship. Pretty decent stats. All my trade targets are Defenses and kickers, lol.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
88% chance of making the playoffs, 41.7% chance of making the Championship, 18.1% chance of winning the Championship. Pretty decent stats. All my trade targets are Defenses and kickers, lol.

I'm gonna laugh if you finish last

RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:

What's actually gonna happen is the Jags are just gonna beat down the Packers. But Lacy will have a good game though

It's going to be the other way around. That will make you drop Lacy, then I can pick him up and then he'll start to play great.

Pff....I'd keep him just to annoy you

Or maybe I'll trade him to Noble in time for your week1 matchup 

Angelus said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I'm gonna laugh if you finish last

RolStoppable said:

It's going to be the other way around. That will make you drop Lacy, then I can pick him up and then he'll start to play great.

Pff....I'd keep him just to annoy you

Or maybe I'll trade him to Noble in time for your week1 matchup 

I was actually thinking the same thing when I was reading it, watch me finish last

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

It's more like they think Green Bay will run up the score and then coast, meaning lots of run plays.  Bortles will have to pass a ton in order to try and catch up.  Basically, bortles will get a bunch of garbage time points. 

So Rodgers would only earn 16 points by driving up the score while the Packers defense is assumed to collapse instead of getting one or the other pick from a scrambling Bortles?

I guess this could happen, but I wouldn't use it as the most likely outcome.

Not necessarily fall to pieces, more like the the second half the jags are doing nothing but passing and the packers are mostly running.  Bortles was a top 10 option at qb last year because he was always playing from behind.  Having a bad defense means more points for the passing players (qb's, WR, TE).  That is why some teams that aren't very good (jags, Saints, Falcons) have quite a few fantasy leaders.

I let my cat fill out my bracket by roleplaying a certain NFL team and then calling my cat to see if he would approach (meaning a favourable outcome for said team) or not approach (meaning a losing outcome). For example, my Cowboys impersonation resulted in me lying on the ground holding my back. Since my cat showed indifference to my fake pain, I assumed the football gods felt the same about Romo and co. Then for the Patriots I deflated a football by shooting it multiple times a la Hernandez, which scared the cat off. For the Redskins I rubbed myself in trash, which attracted my kitty towards me - meaning they must win the division despite smelling terrible. Finally, for the Panthers I bribed my cat with treats because I want them to win it this year.

I'll see you in 5ish months to claim my prize.

Bracket Prediction

#1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East Jets
Bills
 Patriots Dolphins
AFC North Bengals
Steelers
 Ravens Browns
AFC South Texans
Colts
 Jaguars Titans
AFC West Chiefs
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers
NFC East Redskins
Giants
Eagles
COWBOYS
NFC North  Vikings :o
 Packers  Lions Bears
NFC South Panthers
Falcons
Buccaneers
Saints
NFC West  Cardinals  Seahawks Rams
49ers
#1 Draft Pick Browns
- - -
AFC Playoff Teams 1-4 Chiefs
Bengals
 Jets Texans
AFC Playoff Teams 5-6  Bills Steelers
- -
NFC Playoff Teams 1-4 Panthers
 Cardinals Vikings
Redskins
NFC Playoff Teams 5-6 Seahawks
 Falcons - -
AFC Divisional Playoffs Chiefs
Bengals
Jets
Bills
NFC Divisional Playoffs Panthers
Cardinals
Falcons
Seahawks
AFC Championship Game Chiefs
Jets
- -
NFC Championship Game  Panthers  Cardinals - -
Super Bowl LI Panthers
Chiefs
- -
Super Bowl Winner Panthers
- - -

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
ReimTime said:

I let my cat fill out my bracket by roleplaying a certain NFL team and then calling my cat to see if he would approach (meaning a favourable outcome for said team) or not approach (meaning a losing outcome). For example, my Cowboys impersonation resulted in me lying on the ground holding my back. Since my cat showed indifference to my fake pain, I assumed the football gods felt the same about Romo and co. Then for the Patriots I deflated a football by shooting it multiple times a la Hernandez, which scared the cat off. For the Redskins I rubbed myself in trash, which attracted my kitty towards me - meaning they must win the division despite smelling terrible. Finally, for the Panthers I bribed my cat with treats because I want them to win it this year.

This is still way better than my system.

MTZehvor said:
RolStoppable said:
Bracket Prediction #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East NE NYJ BUF MIA
AFC North BAL PIT CIN CLE
AFC South IND HOU TEN JAX
AFC West DEN OAK KC SD
NFC East WAS NYG DAL PHI
NFC North GB MIN CHI DET
NFC South CAR ATL NO TB
NFC West SEA ARI LA SF
#1 Draft Pick SD - - -
AFC Playoff Teams 1-4 NE DEN BAL IND
AFC Playoff Teams 5-6 PIT OAK - -
NFC Playoff Teams 1-4 GB CAR SEA WAS
NFC Playoff Teams 5-6 ARI MIN - -
AFC Divisional Playoffs NE DEN BAL PIT
NFC Divisional Playoffs GB CAR SEA ARI
AFC Championship Game NE BAL - -
NFC Championship Game GB SEA - -
Super Bowl LI NE GB - -
Super Bowl Winner NE - - -

Altering my picks...quite a bit after the preseason. Well actually mostly just in regards to a certain team and their QB injury. Everything changed is in bold.

MTZehvor said:

Altering my picks...quite a bit after the preseason. Well actually mostly just in regards to a certain team and their QB injury. Everything changed is in bold.

I take it you didn't see how this team's new QB played during pre-season?

I remember there was a lot of talk about shortening the preseason to 2 games and adding 2 games to the regular season. What ever happened to that? Guess it's not happening?

NobleTeam360 said:
I remember there was a lot of talk about shortening the preseason to 2 games and adding 2 games to the regular season. What ever happened to that? Guess it's not happening?

I wish they'd do that. Hell I'd remove the preseason all together tbh....it just does more harm than good in football