By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Software Shipments as of June 2016

Mario 3D world stills sells decently, well deserved too.

Around the Network

Ocarina of Time has done, and is still doing, amazingly for a remake. At 4.3m now, most new games can't even dream of a number like that. And it's still going! If it manages to reach over 5m, it'll even be the highest selling handheld Zelda ever, if splitting Link's Awakening's numbers. The Wind Waker manages to do well as well, at 1.8m and counting. Too bad Twilight Princess didn't manage to sell 1m in a single quarter (this or the last), so now we'll probably never know how it sold, unless it'll break into the top 10 OP posted. Which is unlikely, it's too bad the game didn't really get the remaster it deserved, like Wind Waker did. Sales could have been better.

Mario Kart 8 is insane considering WiiU hardware sales, I believe it now also beat the #1 GameCube game. I think it has a shot at beating Super Mario Kart's numbers. Hopefully Mario 3D World can also still get to Mario Sunshine, but it's getting harder and harder. I think both Pokémon games on 3DS will still surpass their predecessors, which is good.

Was just about to look up this list myself, so thanks for posting instead!

All those big increase (apart form Pokémon) is due to the select line - SM3D world is out as select in USA!

Luigi will hit 5mil when the select will be out later on this here!

Switch!!!

Kerotan said:
barneystinson69 said:

No, not at all! Maybe if it was 40% is would be... :/

400k is heavily overtracked 

5%-10% is usually considered margin of error when tracking stuff. So no, not "Heavily", just overtracked. 

Now if most of the overtrack happened this quarter, than it will be heavily overtracked for the quarter. 

barneystinson69 said:
Kerotan said:

You're right.  Heavily overtracked! 

We're talking 10% here. And since we get numbers every quarter, these numbers should be fixable...

Just 10%! Hence not heavy overtracking, lol.... Pfff kerotan...

Around the Network
fedfed said:
All those big increase (apart form Pokémon) is due to the select line - SM3D world is out as select in USA!

Was Wave 2 confirmed?

In Europe we are waiting for wave 3

Switch!!!

fedfed said:

Yeah if we had no data.  

But we've known for months Vgchartz has been off but they've refused to adjust.  400k is a lot when the site knows it's off.  

Kuksenkov said:
I wonder why they're not sharing data for Tropical Freeze... It is also a Nintendo Selects title, and I bet it saw a decent increase in sales.

I would LOVE IT if they shared data on more titles, such as Captain Toad, Yoshi, Bayonetta, and Xenoblade.

I read somewhere that Tropical Freeze was at roughly 1.2m at the end of 2014.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

fedfed said:
In Europe we are waiting for wave 3

Well that's not fair! I'm still waiting for WWHD to be $20.