By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer: NX is different, and different is Nintendo´s best option (bit of a long text)

MohammadBadir said:
JWeinCom said:
Nintendo absolutely should try to do something different. However, they should do something different that also doesn't suck.

Right. I see too many contradicting things with this NX concept and I'm not inclined to think that it'll succeed. Tiny controllers or bulky design, Small storage (HDDs are not an option. Flash memory is expensive, and if you want to match a PS4's 500GB you'd need to shell out 400$ on a memory card), and other things. it just sounds like a mess with no real direction, and pretty much like a WiiU2.

To be fair, it's kind of like a Wii U Reciprocal.

OP: I feel like NX might have some hope. If the patents mean anything, Nintendo has in mind a supplemental computing device that will increase the power of NX when stationed at home. I don't think even the rumors that have been spread know the entire story of NX.

Around the Network
DragonRouge said:
I disagree, they could've came up with a traditional console on par with Neo-Scorpio, a true 9th gen system not held back by a weaker version. The best version of multiplat games with exclusive features not possible on PS4/XB1 and even exclusive games.
Combine that with a better online service, a subscription scheme (a la PS+ for example) and of course, their own software and that would have a chance of taking away gamers from Sony and MS, but they're just too conservative to sell hardware at a loss.

The sad thing is, they probably wouldn't even need to do that if they used some of the new GPU tech that's both powerful and cheap (add in the manufacturer's discounts). At 400$, they could've made a powerful system with a controller that had a small screen on it, and viola, different and powerful :P

Nintendo threw in the towel after GC, Xbox sold less and they didn't, hats of to them.

Forgot I already posted in this thread...

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Random_Matt said:
Nintendo threw in the towel after GC, Xbox sold less and they didn't, hats of to them.

yup, they only sold 250 million consoles between home and handheld the next gen. 

They should thrown in the towel more often.

Around the Network

Pretty much. Some of us might not like that, but there's not much we can do about that.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Mbolibombo said:
Random_Matt said:

yup, they only sold 250 million consoles between home and handheld the next gen. 

They should thrown in the towel more often.

I was merely mentioning this in relation to a decent home console, not including the fluke Wii. 

JRPGfan said:
JWeinCom said:
Nintendo absolutely should try to do something different. However, they should do something different that also doesn't suck.

For 3DS owners this is a good console though.

The NX will be like 100 times more powerfull than their 3DS.

I don't think handheld gamers are particularly interested in having the best graphics.  If they were, then the PSP would have trounced the DS, and the Vita would have trounced the 3DS.  

"Either way, we should savour and celebrate NX's weirdness"

welp

there it is, wiiu 2.0

Ka-pi96 said:
DragonRouge said:
I disagree, they could've came up with a traditional console on par with Neo-Scorpio, a true 9th gen system not held back by a weaker version. The best version of multiplat games with exclusive features not possible on PS4/XB1 and even exclusive games.
Combine that with a better online service, a subscription scheme (a la PS+ for example) and of course, their own software and that would have a chance of taking away gamers from Sony and MS, but they're just too conservative to sell hardware at a loss.

They sold Wii U at a loss.

That's correct, but the Wii U is a poorly conceived platform on so many levels, being sold at a slight loss was not the main factor for its failure. It's possible that in the situation I described, the inital loss would be greater.