By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you should get a Nintendo NX Day One!

Are you buying day one?

Yes 111 29.84%

No 141 37.90%

Maybe - Need to see full details. 99 26.61%

See Results 21 5.65%

Total:372
OdinHades said:
I'll be getting NX day one, but not for the reasons listed in the OP. I just want to play Nintendo games, that's all. Don't care about the hardware itself at all.

This really is what is important to me aswell. Also, I have never bought a console on the first day so I think it's time for me to do so, I even think I am going to go to a place that releases it once it passes midnight ;)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
GOWTLOZ said:

So only 70 million people this generation have a life?

They have a good life. Others, not so much.

Indeed. It must sucks, asking every time for games that will never come on the console that you have

We reap what we sow

bunchanumbers said:
ktay95 said:

Thats why I dont understand some people If its more powerful then WiiU and its the only system Nintendo are making it would be like if WiiU recieved all of the support and games the 3DS did. Which is what every Nintendo home console fan should want.

Imagine having Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter etc. all coming to the WiiU instead of 3DS. Thats what it should be like with the NX. 
As a Nintendo fan who who only plays the handheld because thats were the best games are I couldnt be more excited for this idea.

But you're wrong in a fundamental sense. Handhelds are always inferior. Great that its around Wii U. But a real premium experience should be around PS4 level by now. I simply enjoy Nintendo's premium experiences. 3d world trumps land. Hyrule warriors trumps legends. It goes all the way back to the gameboy. Its good that Nintendo is going this route. But its not for me. I'll look at this list of games and wonder what it could have been on a real console.

And you are wrong in assuming that the games quality will be on 3ds level. If this is getting Breath of Wild and the entire gaming production will be focused on a single device, why someone would think that the rest of Nintendo's support will be only mobile experiences, when NX is both a home and portable console?

We reap what we sow

Day one whatever the price and whatever the game and whatever the console!

Switch!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1254576

Thread on Brazilian poster from May with basically identical rumors that includes a $300 price tag and a more modular design to the system. More reasons day 1!!

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Nogamez said:
But wait are the "constant flow of games" be home console type games or more simple games found on 3ds? If it's combining software, or something in between? Because I don't really like handheld games

What are these "more simple" 3DS games? Almost every game plays exactly like their console counterparts be it Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Smash, Animal Crossing, and so ons.

what? i dont really think they do mate maybe 20 years out of date type games but could imagine 3ds playing games like assasins creed 4 and stuff. Also the new 3ds zelda game was a simple top down view ( even if it was the most fun ive had on a zelda game)

Nogamez said:

what? i dont really think they do mate maybe 20 years out of date type games but could imagine 3ds playing games like assasins creed 4 and stuff. Also the new 3ds zelda game was a simple top down view ( even if it was the most fun ive had on a zelda game)

What what? My question is pretty simply and straightforward. It's undeniable that most 3DS games play the same as their console counterparts, be it Mario Kart 7 & 8, Smash 4 3DS & Wii U, Animal Crossing New Leaf & City Folk, Kirby Triple Deluxe & Return to Dreamland, you get the idea. You can claim Nintendo is 20 years out of date, but that doesn't change the facts. And that's just the 3DS, now we're gonna have the NX which will atleast be more powerful than the Wii U, thus it very much can run games like ACIV, I mean you do realize Zelda BotW is confirmed for NX. That also trumps your one example ALBW even if we go with the faulty logic of "top down view = simple game", though Ocarina 3D and Majora 3D already did that.

I've never bought a console day one, or even year one so far. I usually was busy trying to complete my old systems collections so that took up a bunch of my available video game cash, and I would usually buy them as the price dropped.

This time I'm going in day one, I know i'm in the minority , but i loved the Wii U and 3ds, so i'm excited for the next console. I've got 3 other friends so far that are going to get it on day one too.

I've bought the N64, GameCube (got the Japanese version even in September 2001), Wii, Wii U, GBC, GBA, DS, and 3DS day one, so not much convincing needed here.

I won't buy it unless it has great games on release. I would say that there needs to be a minimum of 4 or 5 games that I want.