By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you should get a Nintendo NX Day One!

Are you buying day one?

Yes 111 29.84%

No 141 37.90%

Maybe - Need to see full details. 99 26.61%

See Results 21 5.65%

Total:372

What did Onionbanana say?

Around the Network

No thank you. I don't usually buy hardware day one and I certainly don't trust Nintendo enough to do so now.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Launch day, I'll be lining up at some store for sure!!!

HyrulianScrolls said:
People are just downright unrealistic when it comes to what they expect for Nintendo price points. How is a system on par or more powerful than X1 that can also be a handheld supposed to cost only $200. That is ridiculous. Stop holding Nintendo to unfair expectations compared to Microsoft/Sony, who many gamers will happily shell out $500+ for at launch despite that being a legit over-priced point.

but thats the thing. People will buy Sony and MS systems for those prices. They will not do the same for Nintendo and no one seems to know why

You have convinced me to not buy it at all. I hope for them the portable thing is a lie.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
I suppose storage is also going to be an issue because portable means no HDDs.

Not an issue.

Carts = save file plus possibly updates directly to cart.

Aside from that, you have to realize this is a console. A console that is as powerful and functional as a "home" system plus the added benefits of a "portable".

The home base will have a built-in HDD of some size plus the Nintendo option for external HDDs (which I prefer personally).

The portable system will take SD Cards as well. So you can very quickly move the game(s) our are focused on to the SD Card to take on the go. Yes the copy process will be slightly time consuming, but if Nintendo uses high bandwith connection between the base and portable, then it would only be a couple minutes for a large game at most.

Storage will not be an issue. Not with the carts or the system storage.

superchunk said:

Not an issue.

Carts = save file plus possibly updates directly to cart.

Aside from that, you have to realize this is a console. A console that is as powerful and functional as a "home" system plus the added benefits of a "portable".

The home base will have a built-in HDD of some size plus the Nintendo option for external HDDs (which I prefer personally).

The portable system will take SD Cards as well. So you can very quickly move the game(s) our are focused on to the SD Card to take on the go. Yes the copy process will be slightly time consuming, but if Nintendo uses high bandwith connection between the base and portable, then it would only be a couple minutes for a large game at most.

Storage will not be an issue. Not with the carts or the system storage.

Hah, you talk as if you know exactly what the NX is! The NX needs to appeal first and foremost to the handheld market, so I really doubt the rumoured docking station will do anything more than charge the NX and let you play it on the TV. Boosting graphics and having a hard drive will bump the cost up. It will greatly lose appeal to the handheld market if it sells for $300 or more, yeah just my opinion but supported by how poorly the 3DS performed at even $250, though that wasn't the only issue.

Portal rumours are becoming more widespread. I'm getting worried...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

this reminds me of the why you should buy Wii u day one thread

Einsam_Delphin said:

Hah, you talk as if you know exactly what the NX is! The NX needs to appeal first and foremost to the handheld market, so I really doubt the rumoured docking station will do anything more than charge the NX and let you play it on the TV. Boosting graphics and having a hard drive will bump the cost up. It will greatly lose appeal to the handheld market if it sells for $300 or more, yeah just my opinion but supported by how poorly the 3DS performed at even $250, though that wasn't the only issue.

False. NX needs to appeal to people who enjoy playing video games. The variations of playing at home or on the go is value-added benefit. 

Software sells consoles, not the hardware.