By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most times you've bought a single game?

If you count the Wind Waker and Collector's Edition bonus disks on GameCube, I've "bought" both Zelda II and Zelda Ocarina of Time 3 times each (my original copy of Zelda II got lent out to someone back in the day and never returned; bought a used copy at Funcoland a couple years later.)

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Dead Island

I've probably bought the GameCube version of re remake 4-5 times. Ssx ps2 about 5-6 times. Don't know why I sell them but I always buy them back again a couple years later lol

Final Fantasy from 7-9 cuz i got the greatest hit edition in all 3 of them but i wanted the first edition black label one. Then i bought all 3 og them again on psn so i can play them on my ps3/psvita

I got Mega Man 2 on the NES, Wii, Wii U, PC, Xbox and Gamecube so I think that's the winner for me. I suppose Mega Man 3 would also work if you replace NES with the old phone game.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 1. I have it on every single platform it had come out on that I can get.

Have a few duplicates also.

Ka-pi96 said:
Acevil said:
Final Fantasy IX about six

First Copy - Lend to a friend (comes back missing a disc) (Note I already beat this and overplayed)
Second Copy - Lend to another friend (comes back damaged)
Third Copy (Few Years Later) - Someone borrows it and never returns it, I kept his Digimon Card Game!
Fourth Copy few years ago - Repeat of Third Copy (To be fair, with this one I didn't even try, the person is a bit mentally unwell)
Fifth Copy - PS3 Store
Sixth Copy - PC Copy (Don't remember if I bought it yet, or am just predicting my own future).

Sounds like you need to stop lending your games to people

I know, thankfully most of the time disc are not so easily damaged anymore. What is sad, it was 4th disc each time, in the first two cases. 

The following titles I have lost due to borrowing outside of this list: Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Yellow, Link's Awakening, Pokemon Gold, Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 7, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Tusimo, Cool Boarders, Crash Bandicoot, (all in one year, and I have trust issues now).

Right now my friends have two-three titles of mine, Uncharted 4 and Watch Dogs (This friend will return things, and I have more of his games than he has mine). Super Mario 3D World (I may never see this again, this friend is a bit of a dick, and I really should never lend him anything, and he also has my 360 Charge Cable and won't return it for whatever reason, even with his 360 broke). 

Hmm, hard to say. I think it's a tie between LTTP, FF7 and Half-Life 2.

Lube Me Up

I think the 3rd gen of Pokemon might be it. I have one ruby, one saphire, two emeralds, and Alpha Saphire.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (I got around 20 disks of that game. Original game+expansions+chronicles+other editions in other languages+collection editions etc)
Bought Starcraft, Diablo, Diablo2, HoMM2 (and some other) several times due to missed disks or fatal scratches.
Borderlands GOTY on X360 and PS3
RDR on X360 and PS3
Uncharted 1,2,3 PS3 disks --> digital Drake collection on PS4