By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game got you into a game genre you hate (or still hate)?

Dragon Quest Heroes, I've always hated and never understood the replay ability of the Dynasty Warriors hack and slash genre.

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Around the Network

I've never really cared much for MMO's, but Guild Wars managed to lure me in for quite a long time. Although to be fair, after I stopped playing GW, I haven't touched another one since.

Halo with FPS, before that I didn't like shooters and mostly only played JRPG games.

Jpcc86 said:
- FPS because they are derivative, cliche and unoriginal, and usually lack and interesting story which is a big deal to me, yet the Resistance series, while not particulary original themselves, made me get into the genre a bit more.

-Racing Games (aside from "cartoonish" racing games like Mario Kart and DKR) usually bore the living hell out of me. Im not a fan of cars, much less photorealistic cars, but did play the shit out of GT3.

But what about Half-life, Bioshock, Metro, Star Wars: Jedi Knight, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., System Shock, Deus Ex, Dishonored?

None so far, my heart is still full of hatred and contempt towards lesser genres that don't deserve my attention.

Around the Network

World of Warcraft got me into online. I hated and was never interested in online games. After playing WoW, im still playing it 11 years after.

I hate sports games, but Wii Sports Resort was one of my favourite games of 2009.

Paatar said:
I hated shooters, but Splatoon made me change my mind. Since then I got Mass Effect 3 and Watch_Dogs and loved them. Turns out I love third person shooters, with both Mass Effect 3 and Watch_Dogs being some of my favorite Wii U games.

If you didn't play shooters before, why did you hate them?

The new dungeon runner mobile rpg, Eldrian Legacy, made me like dungeon runner type of mobile games.  Due to its features that removes the cons on usual dungeon runner games that I really hate the most. Such as being too grindy, boring to watch during auto-play, and especially whenever you acquire a new unit, you need to make it stronger from the very start. But in this game, the newly added features such as "Training Ground" and "Auto-Skills" made me like this type of game.

Check out this video for more details of the game's unique features,