By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want Retro Studios to make next?

Tagged games:

I want to see them make...

A new Metroid 83 41.50%

A game from another existing IP 26 13.00%

A new IP 91 45.50%

Total:200
curl-6 said:
Ck1x said:

Sony's games really don't fit the mold that you describe that often, as most could have been something from an existing franchise. Nintendo on the other hand has many IP's that could already suit a wide variety of game play styles and options but have been dormant. Splatoon is the perfect time for Nintendo creating a new IP that worked perfectly and Federation Force is not! Zelda BoTW could have easily been a new IP for the sake of being one, but it has that much more pull because of it being an established franchise...

I'm not talking about Sony, I'm talking about Nintendo.

There isn't a Nintendo IP that would comfortably absorb a game in the style of Uncharted or Gears of War, and it's these kind of games Nintendo is sorely lacking.

But even when Nintendo makes new IP's they aren't making clones of these types of games that you are naming! Splatoon is new but isn't anything like Gears or Uncharted... Yes they are lacking those types of games, but the 3rd party companies are already making similar games, it's the reason why Sony's 1st party titles aren't selling as good as Nintendo's do on their own hardware.

The saturation of similar games on both PS4 and XbOne are very high and everything is either a 3rd person action game or some form of a shooter. The games you desire for Nintendo to make, gamers are already invested in 3rd party variants, so Nintendo would be wasting money making a Nintendo version of Assassin's Creed or Uncharted.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Diddy Kong Racing 2 would be very interesting.
There was also rumors years ago that this game would be in development for Wii U IIRC.

Sadly, those rumors were false. Monster Games was supposed to work on that, but they are now working on some NASCAR game.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I hope it's a new IP but knowing Nintendo it won't be. A re-imagining would be great too, like how the they created the first Metroid in 3D with Metroid Prime.

Donkey Kong Country 6, because Tropical Freeze is honestly the best platformer I've played in nearly a decade.

Something other Nintendo studios don't do (so not a racer or 2D platformer as has been their recent output).

Around the Network

A new Pilotwings. This franchise has so much potential. 

village boy learns to jump.

F-Zero

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

New IP triple A 3rd person action.

The people that made Metroid Prime great have all left Retro.

Either a Metroid game in collaboration with Monolith Soft or a Star Tropics reboot !

Turkish said:
New IP triple A 3rd person action.

The people that made Metroid Prime great have all left Retro.

People like Pacini and Wikan have left, but what have they accomplished since? Miyamoto, Tanabe, Miki, and Sakamoto are still around. I'd argue their guidance and advice was as important to the success of Metroid Prime, and Retro in general, as the blood, sweat, and tears of the rank and file in Austin.