By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want Retro Studios to make next?

Tagged games:

I want to see them make...

A new Metroid 83 41.50%

A game from another existing IP 26 13.00%

A new IP 91 45.50%

Total:200

Hard, I want them to make a triple A action-adventure game from a new IP but at the same time I really want Metroid Prime 4 so badly.

Anyway, the game they have already done is probably none of them.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

They've said they have a game done? Or you mean the one they're currently working on?

I'd like for them to try their hands at a new IP. Ninten could def use more. Maybe leave them in charge of more mature titles that outside people are asking for.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

They've said they have a game done? Or you mean the one they're currently working on?

The one that they're currently working on, wich I think is probably finished already or very close.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

The one that they're currently working on, wich I think is probably finished or very close.

Depends what it is I suppose. It took them around 3 years to make Tropical Freeze, so if their next game takes the same length of time it could be almost done. (I can't remember if it was confirmed, but wasn't it revealed in a statement that TF was actually finished in late 2013 and they've been working on something else since then?) 

Then again, if it's something more complex, and/or transitioning to new hardware is proving challenging, it could still be a ways off.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The one that they're currently working on, wich I think is probably finished or very close.

Depends what it is I suppose. It took them around 3 years to make Tropical Freeze, so if their next game takes the same length of time it could be almost done. (I can't remember if it was confirmed, but wasn't it revealed in a statement that TF was actually finished in late 2013 and they've been working on something else since then?) 

Then again, if it's something more complex, and/or transitioning to new hardware is proving challenging, it could still be a ways off.

It was supposed to be a WiiU game and they were planning to show it already in last year E3, I think it could be one of the launch games in NX, they are probably still porting it to the hardware and of course polishing everything, but I think the important stuff is probably already done, just an intuition though, I could be wrong, I don't expect this to be something as ambitious as Metroid or Uncharted anyways.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

It was supposed to be a WiiU game and they were planning to show it already in last year E3, I think it could be one of the launch games in NX, they are probably still porting it to the hardware and of course polishing everything, but I think the important stuff is probably already done, just an intuition though, I could be wrong, I don't expect this to be something as ambitious as Metroid or Uncharted anyways.

Is this confirmed? 

And yeah, as much as I'd love it to be something ambitious, I have a feeling it won't be. :(

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Is this confirmed? 

And yeah, as much as I'd love it to be something ambitious, I have a feeling it won't be. :(

Not really but their tweets were teasing the reveal of something new on last years E3 and yet suddlenly nothing happened, a Nintendo decision probably, there were also strong rumours about them working on a new whole engine for the WiiU to make that game.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Is this confirmed? 

Not really but their tweets were teasing the reveal of something new on last years E3 and yet suddlenly nothing happened, a Nintendo decision probably, there were also strong rumours about them working on a new whole engine for the WiiU to make that game.

Ugh, I hate Retro's twitter account so much. >:( I followed them cos they're one of my favourite devs, but all they post is irrelevant crap or what seems like hints of a coming reveal but always turn out to be nothing. If I didn't know better I'd think it was a troll account.

I want a new Metroid Prime game! I understand the need for people to want new IP for the sake of being trendy, but Nintendo already has a bunch of established IP's that don't get enough attention. Sony is proof enough that new IP's for the sake of new IP's don't sell great or mean good games being made. If the game idea sounds like it should belong to an established franchise, slapping a new name on it and generic story shouldn't be paraded around for the claims that it's a new IP.