By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Wonder Woman AND Justice League First Trailers!

Mike321 said:
darkknightkryta said:

I think what's throwing me off is that Batman would never recruit as Bruce.  He'd recruit as Batman.  Like with the scene with Aquaman.  He'd do essentially what he's doing as Bruce, gathering intel.  But then he'd go talk to Aquaman as Batman.  He'd probably infiltrate whatever place Cyborg is in, again as Batman.  But he didn't do much in the trailer with Cyborg.  

The thing that bugs me most, now that I've had time to reflect.  I really don't like how they're handling Barry.  I mean, I iterally finished watching Flashpoint before I saw the trailer.  Comparing Barry in Flashpoint and then this little kid.  Huge mistake.  Not necessarily because of the actor or anything.  But because they should have used Wally instead.  Barry is literally leadership material (From what I've seen of Barry, I grew up with Wally).  This version of Barry is literally a kid.

That I agree, Batman going as Bruce recruting people is weird and a little out of character.

I guess what they are going to do with the flash character is use the Barry Allen name with Wally's personality.

I would say it's possible that after the big throwdown with Superman, Bruce is trying to keep the Batman bit low key.  Also could be a sort of trust thing since he will obviously know the identities of the recruits so he doesn't want them to feel like he is leveraging them into joining.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

I would say it's possible that after the big throwdown with Superman, Bruce is trying to keep the Batman bit low key.  Also could be a sort of trust thing since he will obviously know the identities of the recruits so he doesn't want them to feel like he is leveraging them into joining.

That's pretty much why is weird and a little out of character, Batman doesn't trust anybody (at least not that easily).

Mike321 said:
darkknightkryta said:

Exactly, STOP THAT!  It bugs me when writers do that.  "We like this version of the character, so we'll rename him instead".  No reason to do that for anything, just use the character!  Though on another note, I've noticed DC has been moving away from Wally.  I haven't been keeping up with Flash in New 52 and I haven't actually read anyone call his name in Justice League, but it seems like Wally doesn't exist anymore.

Actually DC had a recent event called rebirth where they changed a lot of stuff, and they have been showing some love to Wally.

I know, I haven't went to pick up my comics in almost 3 months.

I feel like the Flash being a kid is to counter Marvel's Spider-man. There's so many better ways to tell Barry Allen's story and this is what they came up with? Still disappointed there's no Green Lantern in the first Justice League movie but overall the movies look entertaining.

Wonder Woman - Even though my expectations were almost impossible to find an actress that could pull off Diana's stature the film itself looks promising and like to see more.

Justice League - Given still being shot I didn't expect this much footage. Big thing here seems to be shift in tone with more quips and banter.

Around the Network

Justice League: The Marvel Formula.

JL trailer bored me.
Ben Affleck bores me.
On other hand... Gal Gadot is my new crush. Beautyful and an amazing Wonder Woman.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

d21lewis said:
Basically nobody will ever be pleased.

I liked the serious tone in BvS but I guess I'm part of the minority. Still can't wait to see either of these movies!!

I mean I'm REALLY REALLY excited! Trying to have realistic expectations but I can't. I'm freaking out!!

You're not alone in being fine with the tone. My main beef was that this was a Superman sequel (because the villans were both Superman villains) but it also tried to be a Batman re-boot and a Wonder Woman intro and it didn't do any of those things terribly well. I still liked the movie but it was trying to do too much to be one of the greats. It felt like the DC guys trying to play catch up with Marvel.

Also Batman killing people? That's rather problematic from a lore perspective, especially they way he was shooting people up Rambo style. That was actually the main thing I had a serious problem with. One can say that this is Batman 20 years after becoming the Bat and he's become somewhat more flexible with his no kill policy as shit kept hitting the fan over those 20 years. But still, we weren't reated to that evolution in his character. It was shoved in our face in a way that probably wouldn't have happend if the movie simply stuck to being a proper Batman reboot, which is what it should have been. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

celador said:
Funny how we have another big action movie with the main character being a woman, just after Ghostbusters, but this has 98% likes. Maybe all the misogynists who hated Ghostbusters are asleep or something?

Anyway, WW looks decent. I don't really know much about the backstory of her apart from the real basics, so hopefully they flesh her out quite a bit in the movie.

Ghostbusters: gender reversal of roles from a previous movie = a mortal sin in the eyes of the MRA. At least 3 of the 4 female leads are not hot sexy chicks, and the 4th is debateable = not a good thing from the MRA perspective.

Wonder Woman: Is and has always been a woman = all is right in the world for the MRA. Wonder Woman is hot, Gal Gadot is hot, and she spends a lot of the movie in a skimpy outfit that reveals all the right curves = the essence of what makes for a good female character in movies.

98% likes = the mysogynists all approving of this as the correct way to represent women in entertainment.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

darkknightkryta said:
Mike321 said:

That I agree, Batman going as Bruce recruting people is weird and a little out of character.

I guess what they are going to do with the flash character is use the Barry Allen name with Wally's personality.

Exactly, STOP THAT!  It bugs me when writers do that.  "We like this version of the character, so we'll rename him instead".  No reason to do that for anything, just use the character!  Though on another note, I've noticed DC has been moving away from Wally.  I haven't been keeping up with Flash in New 52 and I haven't actually read anyone call his name in Justice League, but it seems like Wally doesn't exist anymore.

Not sure if anybody replied to this but Wally is back. DC Rebirth is reportedly giving fans everything they want from DC. Haven't read them yet but I'm tempted.