By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shooting Spree at Munich Mall: 10 Dead, Shooter German-Iranian

Doesn't look like this had anything to do with radical islam. The guy was depressed, had shown interest in mass-shootings and might have been inspired by Norwegian terrorist Anders Behring Breivik according to the police.

This is not confirmed but he might have used a picture of Breivik for his Whatsapp account.

Around the Network

And of course after it was revealed that it was not a act of muslim terrorrism, the word "video games" is starting to creep up in the news.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

barneystinson69 said:
Peh said:

Just received the news aswell. He was planning his amok run.

So much credibility for cnn calling it an islamic terrorist attack. 

So he was a 2nd generation immigrant? Than yeah this made more sense (as his parents probably came during the revolution, thus more likely to be religious minorities). I thought he had only come to Germany recently and thus why I assumed he was a muslim. Then I guess I was wrong. He really was just insane and apparentely didn't feel "German"? 

What I received from the news is that he was being mobbed and was also mentally ill. There is currently the rumor that he failed his school graduation. He also took Breivik as an idol and informed himself about several Amok cases.

Origin or religion takes no part in it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Porcupine_I said:
And of course after it was revealed that it was not a act of muslim terrorrism, the word "video games" is starting to creep up in the news.

Wow, really? Where do they blame the videogames this tme ? So far, nothing to see something like this in germany. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

http://www.thelocal.de/20160723/turks-kosovans-and-greek-among-munch-shooting-victims

Don't know if this is accurate, but if its true it mean't he didn't even target ethnic german kids. If there were 10 casualties (including himself), than only 2 ethnic Germans were killed? 

Edit: Apparently there was also a Hungarian that was killed as well? I heard this from somewhere, though I'll have to see. Wow...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:

And you are speaking to an interfaith and cohesion expert who has given evidence and worked for leading organisations in the country. 

Every link you have posted isn't from a reliable scholar and merely points to small sections taken out of context without much understanding of hadith or quran. 

Reliable scholars like Habib Ali Jifri, Hamza Yusuf, leading scholars throughout the UK which represent the majority of the Muslims disagree. 

Just like any faith, any topic, you will always have people who will take things and spin them out of context for their own agenda.in fact your links have proven the point I made earlier where the extremists on either side have the same twisted view and believes in the faith whilst the majority disagree and end up having to fend themselves from both ends.

[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

You're acting like the average religious person who can't handle the disgusting quotes in their ancient holy book. There is nothing symbolic about this. You cannot take this verse 'out of context'. It literally says you have to kill people who do not follow Islam. Muslim children are reading this you know. They learn to hate and to be violent against ''Allah's enemies''. I can't believe people are defending the hundreds of quotes like this in the Quran (and also in the Bible). Accept that Islam is a regime that uses violence to achieve it.

I live in munich. I am not shocked, i am proud of our police and health service.
This man was 18, half iranian and half german. Noone knows why he did it he just clicked...
He killed 9 people, all under 20 (when i am informed correctly). The biggest question is where he got the gun from. Here in germany weapons are extremely restricted. You cannot buy one. Only when you got a licence (mostly sports) you can get one.
Anyway, coming back, he was not a terrible, aggressive kid, neighbours never had problems with the family.
He was a lonely mad man, no terrorist.
Go straight to hell “brotherpecker“...

Fei-Hung said:

And you are speaking to an interfaith and cohesion expert who has given evidence and worked for leading organisations in the country. 

Every link you have posted isn't from a reliable scholar and merely points to small sections taken out of context without much understanding of hadith or quran. 

Reliable scholars like Habib Ali Jifri, Hamza Yusuf, leading scholars throughout the UK which represent the majority of the Muslims disagree. 

Just like any faith, any topic, you will always have people who will take things and spin them out of context for their own agenda.in fact your links have proven the point I made earlier where the extremists on either side have the same twisted view and believes in the faith whilst the majority disagree and end up having to fend themselves from both ends.

Well, I am not surprised at the Appeal to Authority fallacy. You need to prove to me that TheMaskedArab took the small sections out of context. You need to prove that his citations aren't reliable, especially when the verses he has quoted are "Sahih" (authentic) and provided the proper context. He also cited proper scholars and provided the specific quotes necessary to back his arguments.

The last paragraph actually applies strongly to you. You, yourself, are an extremist because you refuse to acknowledge facts when they are presented to you. This is rather apparent when you continuously resort to fallacies, most notably the Appeal to Authority instead of telling me what particular passages TheMaskedArab interpreted or cited incorrectly.

So let me ask you, what particular parts of the video did TheMaskedArab take passages out of context? What is the proper context for the passages and provide me the full verses. How do you know the scholars he has cited are not reliable? What about these scholars make them not trustworthy?

Peh said:
barneystinson69 said:

So he was a 2nd generation immigrant? Than yeah this made more sense (as his parents probably came during the revolution, thus more likely to be religious minorities). I thought he had only come to Germany recently and thus why I assumed he was a muslim. Then I guess I was wrong. He really was just insane and apparentely didn't feel "German"? 

What I received from the news is that he was being mobbed and was also mentally ill. There is currently the rumor that he failed his school graduation. He also took Breivik as an idol and informed himself about several Amok cases.

Origin or religion takes no part in it.

In the Eastern European media (you know, the one that is not controlled by mama-Merkel) it has been reported that the attacker shouted allahu akbar. Also in the link that I've posted for you earlier, there is a video where the attacker said that he is German and that he is committing the mass-murder because he has been bullied for seven years. Bullied for what? Bullied for being a muslim? Also, the media is reporting that he had all of this material about mass-shooting ….. of course he had material about mass-shooting, he was planning one, it doesn’t mean that he committed the mass-shooting just because he was obsess with Breivik.

and he're is a Western link to read for you

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3703705/Major-police-investigation-way-shots-fired-shopping-centre-Munich.html

Ka-pi96 said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

In the Eastern European media (you know, the one that is not controlled by mama-Merkel) it has been reported that the attacker shouted allahu akbar. Also in the link that I've posted for you earlier, there is a video where the attacker said that he is German and that he is committing the mass-murder because he has been bullied for seven years. Bullied for what? Bullied for being a muslim? Also, the media is reporting that he had all of this material about mass-shooting ….. of course he had material about mass-shooting, he was planning one, it doesn’t mean that he committed the mass-shooting just because he was obsess with Breivik.

and he're is a Western link to read for you

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3703705/Major-police-investigation-way-shots-fired-shopping-centre-Munich.html

So the one that's controlled by papa-putin instead?

That is really ignorant of you, here is a list of Eastern European countries that stand against Putin's policies, but they are not happy with merkel's open borders policies : Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania, Poland ..... simpleton much? may I ask ....