By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shooting Spree at Munich Mall: 10 Dead, Shooter German-Iranian

JRPGfan said:

So its a 2nd generation muslim that grew up in germany...

He wasnt happy with his life... so the koran? gave him the answear!
just kill a bunch of people and you ll go to heaven!

Sad things are like this.

You never hear about muslims doing anything good in the news.

You just have to actually look.. There is a lot you're not seeing or even aware of.

graphic content. watch at your own risk.

The Aleppo doctors saving lives despite 'targets on their heads'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0pfwjdksgw

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

So its a 2nd generation muslim that grew up in germany...

He wasnt happy with his life... so the koran? gave him the answear!
just kill a bunch of people and you ll go to heaven!

Sad things are like this.

You never hear about muslims doing anything good in the news.

There are tons of things but they never make front page as those stories don't sell mass hysteria. 

This is a recent example:

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/news/charity-commission

LipeJJ said:

You know what's worse than all those attacks? People from group A always acting like the way to solve all problems is to kill/isolate a whole group of people, ignoring the fact that this not only violates human rights but also creates more hatred and therefore more problems. And People from group B who shut their eyes and pretend this problem is not even remotely linked/related to islam (or muslim descendants) just to be PC.

For a moderator, you certainly have extremist thinking. Just because you say it's unislamic you must be doing it because of wanting to be pc. It can't be anything else surely. 

It must be related to Islam or descendants of Muslims (that may not even be Muslim), in other words, there has to be a way of blaming the religion or its followers (that is the logic which is implied by your statement, intentionally or unintentionally).

I don't think, but I know these attacks are not Islam related and not due to being pc, but being able to read, understand and being able to apply logic scientifically and justly regardless of culture, faith, color or lack of belief a group may have. 

Anyone who has studied Islamic history knows the difference between Muslims and Khawarij. Groups like ISIS are Khawarij not Muslim or part of any Islamic sect. According to islam itself, these people are non Muslim, they are reckless they are dangerous and they have caused huge bloodshed whenever they have cropped up. The ideology and actions clash with core beliefs of the faith or outwright ignore, contradict and or challenge them. In fact the groups with these ideologies have ended up killing Ali (the prophets cousin who was married to the prophets daughter, have slaughtered Muslims in mecca until the streets ran with blood and challenged the caliphate in mecca and when they lost declared the successor to the prophet a non Muslim and ordered for him to be killed as they didn't get their way). 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khawarij

Secondly, applying science or logic to the situation will tell you it had nothing to do with pc.

The religion outlaws numerous things and these extremists you like to call Muslim, consistently and more than often than you know or think keep breaking,  defying, ignoring many sacred laws. 

So if by:

1) Islamic doctrine (hadith) they aren't Muslim;

2) through their actions they aren't Muslim; 

3) through practice they aren't Muslim;

4) aren't recognised as Muslims by over 99+% off the Muslim world including scholars;

Them by what logic does it make them Muslim and by what logic does than mean people are just being pc?!

People such as yourself make matters worse as you see Islam the same way as the extremists group do. Your understanding of the faith is not much different than those groups. Not only do you empower these idiotic groups by saying they are something they are not, you vilify every innocent party along the process. This attitude hasn't helped since 9/11 and the fact is it has made things worse. By empowering these people you aren't helping anyone but these extremist groups and giving them far more credibility than they even remotely deserve.

The fact that you have called people who may have a better understanding of these groups because of their knowledge on the subject worse than extremists themselves and worse than those who go on killing sprees shows ignorance, hatred, arrogance and it would be an attitude that would get other users banned for life. 

barneystinson69 said:
COKTOE said:

That's legitimately interesting, and I tip my hat to your knowledge, however, in North America, Caucasian means white, does it not? Ask almost anybody you know, or don't know what it means to them. Any poll asking people to verbally describe Caucasian, or say pick a Caucasian from a group of photographs would produce results that would verify this claim. It's meaning has been clearly redefined on this continent. Still ,I again have to compliment, and thank you for teaching on teaching me something new.

Well according to the US census, Middle easterns are considered white legally. Whether or not they're socially considered white, well that's a different story. Me being 1/2 persian, most people still do consider me white here in Canada. Maybe because I'm 1/2 European as well, I don't know. But anyway the legal definition for a White person in America is a person of "European, Middle eastern, or North African descent": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Americans

And maybe I should do a poll sometime. I'd be surprised to know just how many people actually know the difference.

Wow I'm really surprised someone else knows the actual original definition of Caucasian. I didn't know it until the beginning of the year where I watched a documentary on it that went over the history of caucasia and how the definition was changed by slave masters in America because they feared the 99% of working class whites and blacks may join forces and overthrow them. 

By redefining Caucasian (at the time there was a popular belief that Caucasians are the most beautiful and intellectual people) to "white," the slave masters essentially created a divide amongst the working class white and blacks and got them to fight each other. 

For all the people saying that the gunman wasn't muslim, yes he was muslim, it's confirmed that he was a German-Iranian.

Around the Network
ratuscafoarterea said:

For all the people saying that the gunman wasn't muslim, yes he was muslim, it's confirmed that he was a German-Iranian.

Being German-Iranian doesn't make you automatically a muslim.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

read

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-shooting-at-munichs-olympia-shopping-centre-165630755.html

all of it

barneystinson69 said:
SuperNova said:

This might still be connected to islamic terror, but I doubt it at this point.

The guy clearly says 'I'm german. I was born here' in response to someone calling him a filthy alien (the guy uses a german slang word specifically aimed at arabs akin to 'nigger') wanker. I couldn't quite figure the rest out but it sounds like he laments his social status and says he's in treatmet of some kind.

Mentally unstable kid going amok? Maybe inspired by american mall shootings?

He could be an ethnic German, but so what? If he is linked to an islamic group, that is irrelevant. Either way, we keep hearing conflicting stories, so either story could be right.

My point was less about him being an ethnic-german (or, as we now know, of german-iranian decent) but about the way he was behaving in general.

He wanted to be understood. He was trying to explain. To justify himself. In a deranged way he was trying to reason with the people shouting at him. He talked about growing up on benefits and said it was people like the guy shouting racist abuse at him that have made his life hell. That, to me, is much more constistent with the behaviour of a mentally instable kid than that of a religiously motivated terrorist.

Imo it shows a craving for acceptance in mainstream society, wich was ultimately denied. Then he goes on to say that now he has a gun, wich would fullfill his need for domination. But all of this seems to happen from within a western societial worldview.

If he was religiously motivated woudln't he have nothing but contemt for the un-believers? Why try to justify yourself, when you have gods justification? That would be a motivation outside of a western societial worldview.

Then there's the probable suicide. Why kill yourself when you could go on killing more people for your mission? There's also the fact that suicide is a cardinal sin in Islam. Terrorists seem to make exceptions to that rule for bombings and plane abductions, but killing yourself in the middle of your killing spree would probably be considered quitting.

That's what I got from the video anyways. And like I said, this might all still be connected to Islamic terror. Maybe he radicalized himself on the Internet or something. I just meant to say that after seeing the video my gut feeling leans towards amok run vs. act of religious terror, wich admittedly I could have made clearer.

ratuscafoarterea said:

read

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-shooting-at-munichs-olympia-shopping-centre-165630755.html

all of it

I'm sorry, but show me the evidence that he was a muslim and that his believe in islam was his motive to go and murder people.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Whether or not be was a Muslim is irrelevant from what's been said as the killing weren't twisted ideology related as much as being unstable for various reasons ranging from poverty, quality of life, being an outcast etc.

People don't need to be of s certain faith to have mental breakdowns. Depression etc can happen to anyone.