By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shooting Spree at Munich Mall: 10 Dead, Shooter German-Iranian

Acevil said:
Aura7541 said:

Not defending BakaAka, but Muslims aren't a race since by definition, Muslims are people who practice Islam. There is no prerequisite on what skin color you have or what ethnicity you are.

Any word for group of individuals who have the same belief system?

Yeah sorry but calling muslims a race is ridiculous.

You can't just randomly give up your race if you have second thoughts. And you don't need your race forced down your throat as a child (before you're old enough to question) in order to actually find it convincing, because it contains endless proposterous nonsense.

The idea that religions are somehow equivalent to races has to be one of the most successful propaganda campaigns in world history. It's clearly been done to just protect beliefs from being attacked.

Surprised no-one's tried claiming astrology, veganism or feminism is a race yet. It'd be just as valid a claim.

Around the Network

So, he had no ties to IS, instead he was inspired by the winneden school shooting. Just got confirmed in the press conference.

SuperNova said:
So, he had no ties to IS, instead he was inspired by the winneden school shooting. Just got confirmed in the press conference.

Just received the news aswell. He was planning his amok run.

So much credibility for cnn calling it an islamic terrorist attack. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Does anybody have the list of names from the people that either got killed or injured?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

We're about four more of these away from a war.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
Goatseye said:

I bet he can't even tell what's the country with the biggest Muslim population, without google.  

Maybe you should do some research before calling people stupid, as you clearly don't understand what caucasian is. It has nothing to do with skin colour: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

And no, I probably couldn't name which country has the largest muslim population. If I had to guess, it would either be Pakistan or India. And even if I am wrong, what exactly is your point? Do you honestly believe the average person would know which country had the largest muslim population? 

Edit: Yes, I searched it up, and it was Indonesia. Don't act as if that is common knowledge, and I will admit I was a bit surprised to hear it.

I called you stupid? Boy you got a fertile imagination.

As a Muslim culture and religion expert here, I thought you'd know more about their Geography.

Fei-Hung said:

For a moderator, you certainly have extremist thinking. Just because you say it's unislamic you must be doing it because of wanting to be pc. It can't be anything else surely. 

It must be related to Islam or descendants of Muslims (that may not even be Muslim), in other words, there has to be a way of blaming the religion or its followers (that is the logic which is implied by your statement, intentionally or unintentionally).

I don't think, but I know these attacks are not Islam related and not due to being pc, but being able to read, understand and being able to apply logic scientifically and justly regardless of culture, faith, color or lack of belief a group may have. 

Anyone who has studied Islamic history knows the difference between Muslims and Khawarij. Groups like ISIS are Khawarij not Muslim or part of any Islamic sect. According to islam itself, these people are non Muslim, they are reckless they are dangerous and they have caused huge bloodshed whenever they have cropped up. The ideology and actions clash with core beliefs of the faith or outwright ignore, contradict and or challenge them. In fact the groups with these ideologies have ended up killing Ali (the prophets cousin who was married to the prophets daughter, have slaughtered Muslims in mecca until the streets ran with blood and challenged the caliphate in mecca and when they lost declared the successor to the prophet a non Muslim and ordered for him to be killed as they didn't get their way). 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khawarij

Secondly, applying science or logic to the situation will tell you it had nothing to do with pc.

The religion outlaws numerous things and these extremists you like to call Muslim, consistently and more than often than you know or think keep breaking,  defying, ignoring many sacred laws. 

So if by:

1) Islamic doctrine (hadith) they aren't Muslim;
2) through their actions they aren't Muslim; 
3) through practice they aren't Muslim;
4) aren't recognised as Muslims by over 99+% off the Muslim world including scholars;

Them by what logic does it make them Muslim and by what logic does than mean people are just being pc?!

People such as yourself make matters worse as you see Islam the same way as the extremists group do. Your understanding of the faith is not much different than those groups. Not only do you empower these idiotic groups by saying they are something they are not, you vilify every innocent party along the process. This attitude hasn't helped since 9/11 and the fact is it has made things worse. By empowering these people you aren't helping anyone but these extremist groups and giving them far more credibility than they even remotely deserve.

The fact that you have called people who may have a better understanding of these groups because of their knowledge on the subject worse than extremists themselves and worse than those who go on killing sprees shows ignorance, hatred, arrogance and it would be an attitude that would get other users banned for life. 

You mean like this Arabic ex-Muslim who has read the authentic Islamic texts and thoroughly researched the primary sources? To be quite blunt, your lengthy response was a waste and was more aimed towards making yourself appear to be the more "sane" person rather than actually being the more sane person. For goodness sakes, to summarize your reply in one sentence, you're literally arguing that Islam has nothing to do with Islam. Anyways, enjoy these two videos.

Trigger warning (and yes, an actual trigger warning): Skip to 1:06 if you want to skip the graphic introduction of the bottom two videos.

Here's the Arabic version in case you're curious:

Skip to 0:21 for these two videos:

And here's the Arabic version:

Aura7541 said:
Fei-Hung said:

For a moderator, you certainly have extremist thinking. Just because you say it's unislamic you must be doing it because of wanting to be pc. It can't be anything else surely. 

It must be related to Islam or descendants of Muslims (that may not even be Muslim), in other words, there has to be a way of blaming the religion or its followers (that is the logic which is implied by your statement, intentionally or unintentionally).

I don't think, but I know these attacks are not Islam related and not due to being pc, but being able to read, understand and being able to apply logic scientifically and justly regardless of culture, faith, color or lack of belief a group may have. 

Anyone who has studied Islamic history knows the difference between Muslims and Khawarij. Groups like ISIS are Khawarij not Muslim or part of any Islamic sect. According to islam itself, these people are non Muslim, they are reckless they are dangerous and they have caused huge bloodshed whenever they have cropped up. The ideology and actions clash with core beliefs of the faith or outwright ignore, contradict and or challenge them. In fact the groups with these ideologies have ended up killing Ali (the prophets cousin who was married to the prophets daughter, have slaughtered Muslims in mecca until the streets ran with blood and challenged the caliphate in mecca and when they lost declared the successor to the prophet a non Muslim and ordered for him to be killed as they didn't get their way). 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khawarij

Secondly, applying science or logic to the situation will tell you it had nothing to do with pc.

The religion outlaws numerous things and these extremists you like to call Muslim, consistently and more than often than you know or think keep breaking,  defying, ignoring many sacred laws. 

So if by:

1) Islamic doctrine (hadith) they aren't Muslim;
2) through their actions they aren't Muslim; 
3) through practice they aren't Muslim;
4) aren't recognised as Muslims by over 99+% off the Muslim world including scholars;

Them by what logic does it make them Muslim and by what logic does than mean people are just being pc?!

People such as yourself make matters worse as you see Islam the same way as the extremists group do. Your understanding of the faith is not much different than those groups. Not only do you empower these idiotic groups by saying they are something they are not, you vilify every innocent party along the process. This attitude hasn't helped since 9/11 and the fact is it has made things worse. By empowering these people you aren't helping anyone but these extremist groups and giving them far more credibility than they even remotely deserve.

The fact that you have called people who may have a better understanding of these groups because of their knowledge on the subject worse than extremists themselves and worse than those who go on killing sprees shows ignorance, hatred, arrogance and it would be an attitude that would get other users banned for life. 

You mean like this Arabic ex-Muslim who has read the authentic Islamic texts and thoroughly researched the primary sources? To be quite blunt, your lengthy response was a waste and was more aimed towards making yourself appear to be the more "sane" person rather than actually being the more sane person. For goodness sakes, to summarize your reply in one sentence, you're literally arguing that Islam has nothing to do with Islam. Anyways, enjoy these two videos.

Trigger warning (and yes, an actual trigger warning): Skip to 1:06 if you want to skip the graphic introduction of the bottom two videos.

Here's the Arabic version in case you're curious:

Skip to 0:21 for these two videos:

And here's the Arabic version:

And you are speaking to an interfaith and cohesion expert who has given evidence and worked for leading organisations in the country. 

Every link you have posted isn't from a reliable scholar and merely points to small sections taken out of context without much understanding of hadith or quran. 

Reliable scholars like Habib Ali Jifri, Hamza Yusuf, leading scholars throughout the UK which represent the majority of the Muslims disagree. 

Just like any faith, any topic, you will always have people who will take things and spin them out of context for their own agenda.in fact your links have proven the point I made earlier where the extremists on either side have the same twisted view and believes in the faith whilst the majority disagree and end up having to fend themselves from both ends.

Azuren said:
We're about four more of these away from a war.

War against whom?

This was an amok run mall shooting. He acted alone and was not politically or religiously motivated. He was frustated and mentally instable. This was not an act of religious terror. No one declared war after Columbine or the westroads mall shooting either.

If anything we need to improve social strucktures. We need more staff at schools and kindergardens. The warning signs need to reconized earlier and more recurces need to be pit into prevention.

Peh said:
SuperNova said:

Just received the news aswell. He was planning his amok run.

So much credibility for cnn calling it an islamic terrorist attack. 

So he was a 2nd generation immigrant? Than yeah this made more sense (as his parents probably came during the revolution, thus more likely to be religious minorities). I thought he had only come to Germany recently and thus why I assumed he was a muslim. Then I guess I was wrong. He really was just insane and apparentely didn't feel "German"? 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).