By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: "Paper Mario Color Splash Surprised Us in a Great Way"

Are you interested in Color Splash?

Yes, I'm buying it 77 42.31%

Depends on the reviews 54 29.67%

Not at all 30 16.48%

I don't have a WiiU 21 11.54%

Total:182

Call me a hater, but I'm mot giving this game a chance. Not suporting this and the attitude of this game.

Around the Network
Panama said:
People hated super paper Mario but I personally enjoyed it. So long as this isn't like sticker star it'll be fine.

Erm, you might wanna take a look at the game.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Panama said:
People hated super paper Mario but I personally enjoyed it. So long as this isn't like sticker star it'll be fine.

Erm, you might wanna take a look at the game.

:^)

Panama said:

:^)

What does that mean?

It's too late...

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

I still have high hopes that this could be a good PM game and just overall game. I'm gonna buy this one and give it a go.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

one thing's for sure, it looks very very good aesthetically 

This is from NeoGaf, this could be put in OP.

Here's a little information breakdown I made. I made it for /v/ and I'm too lazy to make it look better so deal with the greentexting please.

Color Splash is to Sticker Star what TTYD was to Paper Mario 64

>PM (SS) simplified SMRPG (PM)'s system for something that's less like a traditional JRPG
>Bowser is the bad guy again
>Story about Bowser messing with a wish-granting artefact and wishes not being granted anymore
>That aside, a straight-up "Peach got kidnapped by Bowser" story
>Toad Town = Decalburg

>TTYD (CS) takes what PM (SS) did and makes it better
>Story is about Mario going to a faraway country to solve a mystery
>TTYD (CS)'s villains are after the Crystal Stars (Big Paint Stars) for nefarious purposes while the heroes are after them to prevent said purposes, while the stars themselves were dispersed by a third party (4 legendary heroes in TTYD, ??? in Color Splash)
>Both games do something different with Peach being kidnapped (she is kidnapped by someone else than Bowser and her location is kept unknown in TTYD, while she seemingly does not get kidnapped in CS as far as we know)
>Rogueport = Port Prisma

Game has an actual story

>only main Mario characters appear but Bowser apparently being the main villain could be a red herring; as they are keeping the main villain a secret, and it wouldn't be the first time his troops got hijacked: see SMRPG, M&L1, M&L3, SPM
>there is still a mystery to solve: what are Bowser's troops gathering the island's colors for? who sent Peach the blanked-out Toad? if bowser is not actually the villain and instead his assets are only being used, where is he and who is the actual villain (assuming they are a regular mario character)? both mario and the koopalings are after the paint stars, meaning that they are not guarding them but rather looking for them at the same time, meaning that a third party spread them over the island
>developer said some people cried at the end, and hinted that had to do with huey and mario's relationship. is it a do-over of kersti's "sacrifice" in SPM, or is there something actually unexpected? the developer also did not want to tell much about the story because there would be a plot twist
>goombella and parakarry both got cameos in Sticker Star in the form of text, and Goombella was going to appear in SPM as a proper characrer too. they've been trying to have these characters become paper mario regulars, could they make an appearance again at some point?

Here is the number of areas in every Paper Mario game:
>PM1: 34 areas
>PM2: 21 areas
>PM3: 34 areas
>PM4: 40 areas
>PM5: 31 areas (as seen on the world map)

Every area seen so far has been more creative than what Sticker Star did for the most part. It looks like this will feel more like a proper console Mario RPG than New Paper Mario 3DS: Home Edition.

Huh? It looks like SS to me. Great graphics and soundtrack, but many Toads and useless battles.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Its still a sticker star clone... its just a prettier looking one.