By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: "Paper Mario Color Splash Surprised Us in a Great Way"

Are you interested in Color Splash?

Yes, I'm buying it 77 42.31%

Depends on the reviews 54 29.67%

Not at all 30 16.48%

I don't have a WiiU 21 11.54%

Total:182

Am I the only one who liked Sticker Star and am actually excited for the next Paper Mario...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

I've been burned from recent Mario RPGs (and I know this "isn't an RPG") so I'll wait for reviews rather than previews. Glad to hear that current reception is positive however.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
I've been burned from recent Mario RPGs (and I know this "isn't an RPG") so I'll wait for reviews rather than previews. Glad to hear that current reception is positive however.

Yeah I will also wait to read some extensive reviews from webs I usually trust before making a choice, I have a lot of doubts about it but I really like what I saw in this E3 and is good to now this 2 specific ign members (that are usually reliable) liked it.

Mbolibombo said:
Hopefully the know-it-all-haters that have "known" from the very first segment on Nintendo Direct that the game sucked are proven wrong.

No, because even if the game is a masterpiece the haters will not budge. Gamers especially will never admit they are wrong.

If people could judge a game for what it is and NOT for what it never tried to be, that would be great.

Around the Network

Definitely buying down the road. I liked Sticker Star for what it was. As long as it's more Sticker Star than Super Paper Mario I'm in.

Metallox said:
Captain_Yuri said:
If it turns out to be good, we might have another Mario 3d World situation in our hands where the initial trailer had negative reception from the fans but it turned out to be great.

the first trailer of Super Mario 3D World didn't have a negative reception. It was minimun, really. 

3DW got a hugely negative reaction, where were you? Everybody claimed that had Nintendo lost their touch until the second trailer hit and a bunch of people turned around real quick, myself included admittedly. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

It's already blatantly clear what this game is, no use trying to blindly defend it still.

Einsam_Delphin said:

It's already blatantly clear what this game is, no use trying to blindly defend it still.

No use in trying to blindly hate it either, the last E3 showcase already show us a game that look like a vast improvement from SS, a wise person would give it the benefit of the doubt.

DivinePaladin said:
Metallox said:

the first trailer of Super Mario 3D World didn't have a negative reception. It was minimun, really. 

3DW got a hugely negative reaction, where were you? Everybody claimed that had Nintendo lost their touch until the second trailer hit and a bunch of people turned around real quick, myself included admittedly. 

I never saw a lot of people complaining about the game, sorry. Sure, you got your handful of whiny comments on YouTube and on the other forums I used to visit at the time, but they weren't anything near to the majority. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.