By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I buy Wii U or wait ?

I had this exact problem, but then I bought a Wii U just yesterday... And I was one of the people telling you to wait ^^ This was my reasoning:

The article from Eurogamer had just hit and with it, it became obvious that the NX won't be BC, so your Wii U games won't function on it. People are saying that the games will be ported over, this is not set in stone as of now. Maybe they'll be ported over, maybe not. Emily Rogers, the woman that said that NX news would be coming soon the day before the Eurogamer article, have stated that both Splatoon and Mario Maker WON'T be ported over, or that Nintendo has problem porting them over. This could be the case for more games.

Second reason why I bought it: I got a really good deal on it, $168 WITH taxes, when it usually costs $264 here.

But if you mainly wanna play Pokémon, buy a 3DS I guess. That console have like 2 different Pokémon games already and are getting a new one this fall, AND it has access to the entire DS library of games.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Go get one. The NX won't be BC and the WiiU has a pretty good selection of 1st party games. The games you should get are the following: 3D World, Mario maker, MK8, Smash U, Tropical Freeze, Splatoon, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

If you can find it at a good price, then get it now.

I´m not sure if it´s a good idea to wait, because not all of its games will be ported to the NX. And some of its games are getting harder and harder to find.
Plus, you can enjoy Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros and Xenoblade Chronicles right now. It will take a long time before those franchises hit the NX

at this point if you dont have one I would just wait for the next console... Its not that the Wii U is terrible or anything but nothing new is really coming out for the console. They just abandoned the poor thing

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Wait and see if NX interests you. If now, wait until Black Friday, I'm guessing they're pretty much going to have a fire sale to get rid of the remaining Wii Us and you should be able to get one with games pretty cheap then.