By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I buy Wii U or wait ?

Wait. Wait. Wait!

FREAKING WAIT!

Around the Network

Wait

Wait at least NX reveal, but saying that Wii U has great games, and has support for Wii game also, so definitely you wouldn't make mistake.

Are there games on Wii U you want to play? If so then buy it. But since you're asking for games I guess you haven't really cared about Wii U games so far. In that case if you can wait, then wait.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wait for the NX announcement which should be in the next months.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:

I have never owned a Nintendo device. I've always gamed on Playstation or Xbox..  With that being said I am really interested in buying a Wii U after playing Pokemon Go..  I want to try out Pokken Tournament.. and all other 1st party Nintendo games that i have never played.. Mario Kart, Donkey kong, Zelda etc.

Should I buy a Wii U? what games should i get ?

Or should I just wait for the new console ?

Wait my friend. Unless you want to buy old games used on Ebay for the next 3 years, playing catch up... get the NX and start fresh.

I'm going to go against the grain and say don't wait!

Your time as a human being is so limited and you deserve the most out of your life. Patience is something you should regret when trying let yourself indulge, after all your missing out on opportunities really kills you on the inside ...

Get a used WII U since there's NO GUARANTEE that the NX will have pure hardware backwards compatibility or they'll re-release a lot of the AAA titles from the WII U on it ...

I dont think we will see all that many remasters / ports from the Wii U. I think we will see sequels for the most part.
Also I dont think they will go for backwardscompability this time around so I say go for it as well! Lots of great stuff to be played.

I got a Wii U myself about a week ago and I think it's totally worth it! There is a friggin' TON of great games you can't get anywhere else. Yeah yeah, maybe games will get ported to NX, maybe NX has BC, but what does that help you right now? Nothing! You would waste an entire year just with waiting, just think about all the great games you could play in that time instead. So I say go for it, if you have the moneyz.

That being said, a New 3DS is also a great option. Especially if you're into Pokemon, because that's where you will find the main Pokemon Games. Sun and Moon is coming in November! So maybe that's a (cheap) alternative for you.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

fatslob-:O said:
I'm going to go against the grain and say don't wait!

Your time as a human being is so limited and you deserve the most out of your life. Patience is something you should regret when trying let yourself indulge, after all your missing out on opportunities really kills you on the inside ...

Get a used WII U since there's NO GUARANTEE that the NX will have pure hardware backwards compatibility or they'll re-release a lot of the AAA titles from the WII U on it ...

This! Contrary to popular belief, the Wii U is a decent console with a decent library of games. Xenoblade Chronicles X is worth the admission price alone IMO.