By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I buy Wii U or wait ?

I have never owned a Nintendo device. I've always gamed on Playstation or Xbox..  With that being said I am really interested in buying a Wii U after playing Pokemon Go..  I want to try out Pokken Tournament.. and all other 1st party Nintendo games that i have never played.. Mario Kart, Donkey kong, Zelda etc.

Should I buy a Wii U? what games should i get ?

Or should I just wait for the new console ?

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network

Wait, most Wii U games will probably be ported to the NX anyways.

Definitely wait.

Mystro-Sama said:
Wait, most Wii U games will probably be ported to the NX anyways.

I don't know about most Wii U games, but I think a handful of them will.

Tiaw.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I'd say wait until we learn more about the NX. Maybe it's BC, which would significantly increase the amount of games available at launch. In any case, A price drop is due for the Wii U, so wait for that and more news about NX

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Wait. I'd say no question. I don't think NX will have direct BC, but I think a lot of the big Wii U games will be ported to it or remixed for it (ie: Splatoon Definitive Edition, Mario Maker 2.0, or whatever).

Wait for the NX. Buy yourself a 50-80$ 2DS If you need a Nintendo fix and can't wait, there's plenty of Pokemon games on that platform.

Wait until we know what the NX will launch with, if after that you are still interested in the Wii U, get the Wii U. :)

Although you definitely won't be disappointed with whichever you get, because all their titles are great.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

wait for the NX.