By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Opinion? Prediction?: Nintendo are going mobile and/or multi platform.

Nintendo should...

Go multiplatform. All in. 124 29.25%

Just mobile. 32 7.55%

Just ps4. 13 3.07%

Just PC 6 1.42%

Just X1. 9 2.12%

None of the above. Stay exclusive. 226 53.30%

Yes. But hold exclusivity... 7 1.65%

Other in comments 7 1.65%

Total:424

Sweet Jesus when are these threads going to stop?

So long as Nintendo makes a profit on their hardware they will continue to make it. Enough with the "one successful enterprise should change their entire business approach" bullshit.

Around the Network

Pokemon GO makes sense, a Mario plattformer doesn't

Neodegenerate said:

So long as Nintendo makes a profit on their hardware they will continue to make it. Enough with the "one successful enterprise should change their entire business approach" bullshit.

Unfortanately never. Nintendo games are too good. Everbody wants to play them. Just buy a Nintendo console and problem solved.  

John2290 said:
melbye said:
Pokemon GO makes sense, a Mario plattformer doesn't

Mario MMO with cross play? Mmm billions right there.

Eeeeeeh, I don't see a MMariO turning out well..

Why not both? : D They can make small games on mobile and their bigger console games on their consoles. Seems fair to me.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
John2290 said:

If they don't then they are idiots. Luck at those Poke GO numbers on mobile. Can you imagine I'd this was a Mario release? 

Before you hate on my opinion of Nintendo going multiplatform, please ask yourself this. As a nintend gamer what do I gain by this?

My opinion. Everyone, like me, who have moved onto PS, PC or XB will have acces's and happily spend or money for a Mario/Zelda/splatoon title on our platforms. Nintendo wins. Games get bigger bugets. Nx/wii owner get exclusive content and aminobes. We share the love of these games and the company stays alive.

We all win. Nintendo multiplatform please.

The problem with this is that everyone and their Dad has been saying this since what the SNES /N64 era so people have been saying this for like 20 years now and if they can do without Nintendo for that long I see nothing changing even if the games were on there platform of choice, If something and a big "if" happened to Nintendo the more likely Scenario is that they go almost pure mobile with an odd Mario spinoff on consoles and that means we all loose not win.

Neodegenerate said:

That is not how any sound business approaches their decisions. "Oh, we make money doing what we do, so we won't even consider doing something else that could potentially earn us more money".

Saying "As long as Nintendo makes a profit on their hardware there's no reason for them to go third party" is just as silly as saying "Nintendo should gothird party asap because Pokemon GO is such a huge success". Both statements are silly. Nintendo is out to maximize profits. They won't just settle with a sub-par performing home console and handheld division as long as it breaks even. They also won't just ditch their own hardware because they can see huge success in the mobile space.

Enough with the black and white "they won't ditch their hardware as long as it makes a profit" or the "Nintendo should go third party because Pokemon GO" bullshit.

First off, the mobile market is a tricky one. Brand recognition basically doesnt exist there. People arent playing Pokemon GO because it is a Nintendo IP, they are playing it because Pokemon is one of the biggest cultural phenomenons of all time. so there would not be similar sales figures from going mobile or going multiplatform.

Next, the idea of going multiplatform is just a dumb concept. If they made their own console but had all their games be multiplatform, nobody would buy their console. You dont see Microsoft putting Halo on the PS4, and you dont see Uncharted on the Xbox One. If Nintendo did do this, their console brand would die out. After that, forget about exclusive content, and forget about amiibos since those only work through Nintendo's hardware.

They would be diminished to a 3rd party company. I dont see how you think that would mean their games get bigger budgets either. This isnt a matter of opinion, its a matter of understanding how each move would affect the company.

John2290 said:
Luke888 said:

Eeeeeeh, I don't see a MMariO turning out well..

MMO Zelda then. Now that'd be dope.

That would definitely work better, but still I don't see TLOZ going mobile unless it's a full fledged game you have to pay for, which wouldn't get even 10% of the attention Pokémon GO recieved...

Maybe Sony, MS and Nintendo should go mobile and PC only since the userbase of those are bigger...?