By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Opinion? Prediction?: Nintendo are going mobile and/or multi platform.

Nintendo should...

Go multiplatform. All in. 124 29.25%

Just mobile. 32 7.55%

Just ps4. 13 3.07%

Just PC 6 1.42%

Just X1. 9 2.12%

None of the above. Stay exclusive. 226 53.30%

Yes. But hold exclusivity... 7 1.65%

Other in comments 7 1.65%

Total:424

Sounds more like a beg than a prediction.

Around the Network

This is a "I hope Nintendo goes third party" thread rather than any sort of prediction. And lol @ "they're idiots if they don't do what I think they should do".

If you want to play Nintendo's games you buy a Nintendo console in the same way that if you want to play Sony games you buy a Playstation, this port begging of Nintendo to release on other consoles is really old and isn't going to happen.

The only "point" you said was that Nintendo would make more money, but EVERY company would make more money if they released on everything, Sony and Microsoft, any company. So you might as well change the thread title to "Prediction: every company will go multiplatform". and have the description be "Because they make more money that way", because that's all this thread really is.

Cloudman said:
Miyamotoo said:

Because MS and Sony fans will keep bitching that Nintendo should go 3rd party because they can't play Nintendo games on PS/Xbox consoles. :)

I don't really get it. If people want to play their games that badly, why not just buy the console? I'd do that for any console have has games I want on it.

I kinda get it.  It's just a tribal mentality; they chose their platform and they want the others to die.  Right now, Nintendo is at the bottom so fans of the other two attack them because they're preceived to be the weakest.  Microsoft and Nintendo fans probably did the same to Sony back in the beginning of the 7th gen when they were losing billions of dollars a year but instead of saying Sony should go 3rd party, they probably just said that they should get the hell out of the industry.

JWeinCom said:
First off, Nintendo would have to pay a publisher fee for the games if they're not on Nintendo consoles. That's about 10-13 dollars they lose out on every copy. Games only tend to make about 20 dollars of profit per unit, so they would have to sell WAY more copies to break even. At least 1.5 times as many copies, and maybe double.

Secondly, Nintendo would forfeit the licensing fees they get. Wii U may not have been a huge third party success, but Nintendo made serious bank off of things like Just Dance or Carnival games during the Wii era. If Yokai Watch sells three million units on the Wii, that's about 20 million dollars in Nintendo's coffers.

Nintendo would also be forgoing all revenue from their digital stores. In addition to having to pay to have their own games listed.

There are other reasons, but ultimately, being a platform owner is far preferable to being a third party developer, if you can pull it off. The Wii U obviously hasn't been great for Nintendo, but making another hit like the Wii, or even a more mild success like the 3DS, would make waaaay more money than they could make as a third party developer.

Yeah. Plus, manufacturing systems allows Nintendo to control their specs, OS, and accessories, all of which are, traditionally, connected in meaningful ways to Nintendo's software. 

Anyway, here's a simple solution for those who have "moved on" from Nintendo systems but who still want to play its games. Suck it up and pay the $200-300 so you can play the games, or live without them. There, problem solved.

CaptainExplosion said:
If I had a dollar for every one of these stupid "Nintendo must go mobile/multiplatform" threads, I'd probably be able to buy a new house AND new car.

I would be richer than Bill Gates and have a horde of cash at hand more than Apple Inc.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

They would be an idiot doing that. They are diversifying their bussiness, not changing focus. Two different things.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

So, nintendo spending their time and resources porting their games for every platform available will render to them big profits and colossal sales on each device based on what? Wishful thinking?

We reap what we sow

Veknoid_Outcast said:
JWeinCom said:
First off, Nintendo would have to pay a publisher fee for the games if they're not on Nintendo consoles. That's about 10-13 dollars they lose out on every copy. Games only tend to make about 20 dollars of profit per unit, so they would have to sell WAY more copies to break even. At least 1.5 times as many copies, and maybe double.

Secondly, Nintendo would forfeit the licensing fees they get. Wii U may not have been a huge third party success, but Nintendo made serious bank off of things like Just Dance or Carnival games during the Wii era. If Yokai Watch sells three million units on the Wii, that's about 20 million dollars in Nintendo's coffers.

Nintendo would also be forgoing all revenue from their digital stores. In addition to having to pay to have their own games listed.

There are other reasons, but ultimately, being a platform owner is far preferable to being a third party developer, if you can pull it off. The Wii U obviously hasn't been great for Nintendo, but making another hit like the Wii, or even a more mild success like the 3DS, would make waaaay more money than they could make as a third party developer.

Yeah. Plus, manufacturing systems allows Nintendo to control their specs, OS, and accessories, all of which are, traditionally, connected in meaningful ways to Nintendo's software. 

Anyway, here's a simple solution for those who have "moved on" from Nintendo systems but who still want to play its games. Suck it up and pay the $200-300 so you can play the games, or live without them. There, problem solved.

True. People who want Nintendo games on their console of choice isnt just interested in one or two Nintendo games. Might as well just bite the bullet and get one, either wait until its cheap or buy a used one.

FloatingWaffles said:

This is a "I hope Nintendo goes third party" thread rather than any sort of prediction. And lol @ "they're idiots if they don't do what I think they should do".

If you want to play Nintendo's games you buy a Nintendo console in the same way that if you want to play Sony games you buy a Playstation, this port begging of Nintendo to release on other consoles is really old and isn't going to happen.

Port begging is more of a PC Master Race thing.  Console fanboys, more often than not, just want to see the competition die.  I don't want that since competition pushes companies to be better.  It's kind of like in professional wrestling and how the Monday Night Wars pushed WCW and the WWF to come out with the best product possible.  When WCW died, the WWF stopped pushing themselves and slowly stagnated.

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro

John2290 said:
tbone51 said:
NX isnt real?

Could be a application like steam as a platform to sell games digitally across platforms. We know shit about it so why not.

We know its a console. Keep up.